That was by far the worst-reffed game of the playoffs. What an embarrassment for the league.
- Mike Knuble punches the puck out of play late in the third, no delay of game call
- On the Capitals powerplay, Callahan gets tripped on the near side, no call, then the Caps pick up the puck as a result and Green scores
- Brian Boyle gets his stick slashed out his hands, no call, then the Rangers do the same to the Caps and they get the call
- Mike Knuble plows into Lundqvist and makes no effort to stop on that waved-off goal, no goaltender interference call
- Ovechkin does a flying elbow to Girardi, Raffi Torres-like, and gets only a minor. No misconduct or major. He should be suspended a few games for that.
Fun fact: the two games the Caps won this series, both were off late third period bullshit penalties.
I know refs make mistakes, but it doesn't give them an excuse to be such erroneous pieces of shit. What other job can you fuck up this much and keep it? Are these idiots the best the league can hire? The NHL should institute a challenge system like the NFL where coaches can challenge these dives and missed calls. Truly a disgraceful effort today by the refs. What pieces of shit they are.