Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 95
07:24 PM on 04/27/12
punkrawker515
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I personally think that DRUGS was a superior band to Chiodos, but the sales weren't there. They debuted at only 14,000 copies, and for a John Feldmann written record, fronted with a star power guy like Craig Owens on Pete Wentz label, that's not a career sustainer. The perception of Chiodos is Craig Owens. He's synonymous with their success and they him. It's like when Vince Neil left Motley Crue. Personally, I think it's a step back for his songwriting abilities, but step forward in a business sense. Bone Palace Ballet sold in excess of 200,000 and All's Well Ends Well went Gold. In today's record climate, I feel like a reunited Chiodos could do something like 35,000 opening week, but will do better on nostalgia based ticket sales. This was the right move.
07:31 PM on 04/27/12
MyJukeboxBroke
I need a Couch
User Info.
its over already?
07:52 PM on 04/27/12
fuckyourscenes
www.fuckyourscenes.com
User Info.
So we're under 20 comments in and we already have a comparison to Blink and a comparison to Fall Out Boy. Perfect.
Doesn't get better than blink, FOB, and Craig Owens.
07:53 PM on 04/27/12
tbkidd
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I personally think that DRUGS was a superior band to Chiodos, but the sales weren't there. They debuted at only 14,000 copies, and for a John Feldmann written record, fronted with a star power guy like Craig Owens on Pete Wentz label, that's not a career sustainer. The perception of Chiodos is Craig Owens. He's synonymous with their success and they him. It's like when Vince Neil left Motley Crue. Personally, I think it's a step back for his songwriting abilities, but step forward in a business sense. Bone Palace Ballet sold in excess of 200,000 and All's Well Ends Well went Gold. In today's record climate, I feel like a reunited Chiodos could do something like 35,000 opening week, but will do better on nostalgia based ticket sales. This was the right move.
Smart man right here.

I disagree in the statement about this being a step back in song writing abilities, but otherwise, I agree with you entirely. In my opinion, Chiodos had much better Chemistry with Craig than he did with Drugs. There is just something so distinctive about Alls Well and Bone Palace (and even the Thermacare demo) that just hasn't been matched since.
07:54 PM on 04/27/12
Ricketts
@allenricketts
User Info.
Jesus fuck. Reading through these Facebook comments...

The best part of all these fans saying "i'm gonna go kill myself DRUGS is my favorite band ever" when all they put out were a dozen rather mediocre songs was the stain their father left on his mattress.
I really don't wanna be "I'm older fan Mcsuperiorpants" but it bothers the shit out of me the way some of the kids are acting. The stupid scenie kids who don't realize how terrible DRUGS was, are just awful.
07:54 PM on 04/27/12
badforcats1189
User Info.
I heard in a recent interview that he is "sober" now.
07:55 PM on 04/27/12
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.
I really don't wanna be "I'm older fan Mcsuperiorpants" but it bothers the shit out of me the way some of the kids are acting. The stupid scenie kids who don't realize how terrible DRUGS was, are just awful.

Some "fan" actually commented "Fuck rehab, just overdose next time."

Fucking disgusting.
07:59 PM on 04/27/12
Spencer Control
Goddamn, I miss my dead friends
User Info.
Craig Owens 2012
08:00 PM on 04/27/12
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
DRUGS:Craig::+44:Mark/Travis

meaning the band only existed as an whiny "i'm not in the greatest band anymore" outlet, and now that Craig is back in Chiodos, he has no need for DRUGS anymore, just like Mark/Travis did with +44. when was the last time ya'll heard anything from +44 since Blink's reunion?
We didn't hear anything from Plus way before the reunion.
08:06 PM on 04/27/12
Ricketts
@allenricketts
User Info.
This is such a terrible comment that I love it.
08:20 PM on 04/27/12
ruptured
User Info.
The comments on Facebook about this are hilarious.
08:26 PM on 04/27/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
I don't know if this is considered credible but in an @ reply to someone on twitter Matt Good said that he, Nick, Aarron and Tai had to sign a contract when they joined DRUGS saying they could not be in a band together without Craig. Probably was meant to keep them from kicking Craig out like Chiodos did but it's a little shady.

Edit: According to a new tweet he just meant they cant be DRUGS without craig, they could still all make a band together without him just couldnt use the name and probably couldnt use the songs.
08:34 PM on 04/27/12
Amongster
Still In Last Place
User Info.
when was the last time ya'll heard anything from +44 since Blink's reunion?

Shame on Mark for focusing on one musical project at a time.
08:35 PM on 04/27/12
galacticfates
User Info.
It's all about the money$.
08:39 PM on 04/27/12
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.
I don't know if this is considered credible but in an @ reply to someone on twitter Matt Good said that he, Nick, Aarron and Tai had to sign a contract when they joined DRUGS saying they could not be in a band together without Craig. Probably was meant to keep them from kicking Craig out like Chiodos did but it's a little shady.

Holy shit. Link?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version