AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Finch News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 63.
01:45 PM on 04/28/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
They released all of the demos for that album a long time ago. Just search for "World of Violence."

Was that the name of the album? How many demos did they release?
02:09 PM on 04/28/12
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
sad. sounds like they were going the route of their debut. Now I wish they released an album
02:37 PM on 04/28/12
Charlieistony
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
sounds like it should have been on the latest The Used release... very unimpressed which sucks cause I love What It Is To Burn
03:21 PM on 04/28/12
Clark
Dirk Nowitzki's Beard
User Info.
Nostalgia makes everyone idolize What It Is to Burn, but Say Hello to Sunshine and their self-titled EP are just as good.

They released all of the demos for that album a long time ago. Just search for "World of Violence."
I never heard this demo. I only have "Bury White," "Hail to the Fire," and "World of Violence."
03:23 PM on 04/28/12
Shadow147
duhhh
User Info.
How have so many people mentioned how much they love WIITB and not one person has said "Yeah that was good, but obviously it doesn't stand a chance against Say Hello To Sunshine".....eghh!?
Didn't much care for this demo to be honest... rather repetitive, and also made me realise that I didn't like the final EP all that much either... :(
/disillusioned
03:55 PM on 04/28/12
absolution
User Info.
Nostalgia makes everyone idolize What It Is to Burn, but Say Hello to Sunshine and their self-titled EP are just as good.

I never heard this demo. I only have "Bury White," "Hail to the Fire," and "World of Violence."
wait, is Bury White a Far cover?

edit: jiminy crickets it is
04:04 PM on 04/28/12
trevorshmevor
User Info.
Was that the name of the album? How many demos did they release?

World Of Violence is an album of 12 demos that were never recorded for a real album. I'm assuming they're what would have been Finch's third album, though. There is also an EP called Epilogue, which had better recorded versions of two of the songs from WOV.

sad. sounds like they were going the route of their debut.

If the demos found on World Of Violence are any showing of what they would have released, then your thoughts here would be incorrect.
04:08 PM on 04/28/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
World Of Violence is an album of 12 demos that were never recorded for a real album. I'm assuming they're what would have been Finch's third album, though. There is also an EP called Epilogue, which had better recorded versions of two of the songs from WOV.

I'll have to check the demos out. I downloaded Epilogue when they offered it for free shortly after they broke up but I was unaware of these demos.
04:15 PM on 04/28/12
trevorshmevor
User Info.
How have so many people mentioned how much they love WIITB and not one person has said "Yeah that was good, but obviously it doesn't stand a chance against Say Hello To Sunshine".....eghh!?

Meh, while I agree with the general idea here, I can see why more people would gravitate to WIITB (for many reasons). I like it more as well, but SHTS is a great album as well, in my opinion. Too bad Geffen/fans weren't down.
04:36 PM on 04/28/12
kazuma_ootaro28
User Info.
Damn. Would've been killer.
04:50 PM on 04/28/12
SilenceBrokenTT
Here I am alive...
User Info.
sad. sounds like they were going the route of their debut. Now I wish they released an album

What the hell are you listening to? They haven't had anything sound like WIITB (outside of maybe Project Mayhem...) is YEARS.
05:17 PM on 04/28/12
rsvs
don't slow down
User Info.
Meh, nothing special. Probably the most disappointing reunion of the Drive Thru era.
indeed.

finch's last breath was SHTS...
05:23 PM on 04/28/12
notmrblond234
let's make a movie or something
User Info.
Say Hello to Sunshine is ridiculously underrated. I like where they were heading with the World of Violence demos though, would have been interesting to hear them polished up.
05:24 PM on 04/28/12
lifeofaspectatr
User Info.
dont forget about Cosmonaut peoplessss!

06:36 PM on 04/28/12
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What the hell are you listening to? They haven't had anything sound like WIITB (outside of maybe Project Mayhem...) is YEARS.

I listened to the song. It sounded formulaic like their debut so I made an assumption from the little information I had. Simple.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS