Password
Fueled By Ramen News - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 84.
06:13 PM on 04/29/12
Jared Luttrell
VA punk pop.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Diggin' their guns for hands song, although I don't think these guys are particularly amazing either.
Random signing, but I'm sure they can mold them into the next Fun.
06:19 PM on 04/29/12
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.
Hmm, kind of interested. I'm listening to their songs to get a feel for their style, but the only consistent thing I get is energy. Kind of spazzy. I think I like it.
06:52 PM on 04/29/12
drewbaldy
phaynes1 sucks
User Info.
This is really fucking good. Never heard them before. Gave them a shot because I like most bands from FBR. I'm so glad I did.
06:55 PM on 04/29/12
kskillzz
User Info.
This music is really all over the place but I think I like it
09:05 PM on 04/29/12
nickyrayxnj
The Years Gone By / Nickolas Madore
User Info.
this band is INCREDIBLE -- i hope nothing but the best for them
09:08 PM on 04/29/12
JawsTheme182
Summer Dies, Swells Rise
User Info.
Listening to these guys for the first time and absolutely loving them. Thank god for this post. They rule.
09:11 PM on 04/29/12
Killerkid64
Jesus is awesome. Just sayin'.
User Info.
also i saw this bands name in the search as well at the bottom NineTeen Ninety Six
btw did you find anything other the bands in the word search
Good question. I found Shaant, the vocalist for CIWWAF, vultures, 1996, Gabilliam (the Gabe Saporta/William Beckett shipping), Some Nights, fangs up, and Santi so far. Still struggling to find the rest, but don't know how to approach it.
09:13 PM on 04/29/12
himynameisjm
IM THE SHIT
User Info.
Yeah I don't think selling out shows in your hometown is going to really put you on anyone's map. Sell out shows on tours, strong record sales, digital sales, etc.. now we're talking. On a side note, I've played to no one at Skullys before. Good times.

My point being..labels in 2012 don't have an A&R that's out there searching for unknown bands that they are going to bring up and help build on their own like in say 2001. Labels want bands that are self-sufficient. Have toured successfully on their own, sold records, etc. The age of "this band has potential" is seemingly no more..it's about what you can do right now.

Also, after listening..these guys are awesome. Wish them the best of luck.
selling out local shows and documenting it is the only thing putting bands on the map these days. too many bands putting out generic records and not backing it up live.. caugh caugh..
09:40 PM on 04/29/12
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
that "Car Radio" song is pretty damn cool. like a popper MeWithoutYou vibe in the vocals
09:42 PM on 04/29/12
untitled94
User Info.
selling out local shows and documenting it is the only thing putting bands on the map these days. too many bands putting out generic records and not backing it up live.. caugh caugh..
Couldn't disagree with you more, but I'm sure you're very knowledgable in music business...sneeze sneeze
10:28 PM on 04/29/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
Couldn't disagree with you more, but I'm sure you're very knowledgable in music business...sneeze sneeze
Look at the way he spelled "cough" haha
11:15 PM on 04/29/12
fuckyourscenes
www.fuckyourscenes.com
User Info.
Thought you were good live, for what it's worth. Haha.
12:45 AM on 04/30/12
InfiniteArms
Foreign everywhere I've been
User Info.
I like this. Didn't think I would though, don't know why.
02:12 AM on 04/30/12
NationalProduct
User Info.
makes a lot of sense from FBR's standpoint. weather the storm that is the fickle music industry, invest only in things worth throwing money at and push them hard so they have a true shot instead of being thrown to a wall. any band that has a solid sound and following with the right attention and backing is going to do well. i think its awesome they are being picky with whom they sign. reminds me of old model development which is what alot of people complained about "not enough dev" i never knew this band till now, i see their appeal, they are doing very well, and will only get bigger. good for them... bless those dudes steps, i hope they murder it and im sure they will
04:39 AM on 04/30/12
mrpeepers32411
Thanks to denial I'm immortal
User Info.
I'm going to admit when I clicked on the link to go to their facebook page and I saw their genre described as electronic/rock/rap I cringed, but to be fair I will always give a band a listen. To my surprise I actually liked their sound it kind of reminded me if you gave MC Chris actual singing parts along with his rapping and then backed it up with Owl City's electronic beats. A fairly unique and catchy sound that may or may not grow on me the more I listen to it.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests