steve187
nah
User Info.
this reminds me of a really bad show me your bootyhole
09:06 AM on 05/02/12
Smash`
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What can I say about this! I am listening to The Offspring many many many years, actually they were one of first bands I started listening to music! When they released Pretty Fly, I was surpised but it had a little guitar sound, so I said nervermind!
BUT WTF is this??? Whose idea was?? I believed after the idea of Ignition's shows, they wiill write a good! Contrary, it seems an another bad album! Unfortunately!
10:11 AM on 05/02/12
CellarGhosts
cellarghosts.tumblr.com
User Info.
Oh man this is horrible. Jesus. This is like something you'd expect to hear on a new Weezer album.
03:12 PM on 05/02/12
s2h72
User Info.
You've got to be kidding me. I was semi-excited about seeing them at Weenie Roast this weekend... Not anymore.
im sure they won't play this shit at weenie roast
04:29 PM on 05/02/12
Formatfun
Format, The, Format, The
User Info.
I made it through one minute and had to turn it off because that is the worst piece of shit I have ever heard and I am stupified to know that those are the same guys who did "Self Esteem." I mean they've done sillier songs in the past like "Hit That" and "Original Prankster" but this is just ridiuclous.
I like "Original Prankster" and "Hit That" is meh for me...

I dunno what this is... says it is the first single but it sucks.
04:31 PM on 05/02/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Katy Perry wants her song back
06:38 PM on 05/02/12
blinkeatworld
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This can't be real.
09:29 PM on 05/02/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Oh man this is horrible. Jesus. This is like something you'd expect to hear on a new Weezer album.
Weezer redeemed themselves a bit with hurley
09:41 PM on 05/02/12
CellarGhosts
cellarghosts.tumblr.com
User Info.
Weezer redeemed themselves a bit with hurley
True but it still had a couple missteps. Granted nothing as bad as thing song, haha.
09:56 PM on 05/02/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
True but it still had a couple missteps. Granted nothing as bad as thing song, haha.
I doubt weezer will ever be perfect but this song is just insultingly bad. I just don't see how these lyrics and gah could come from the same band. It is not even tongue and cheek or cheese like some of the bad weezer stuff. This is litterally a Katy Perry meets Eminem shitstorm of what from a band that used to write awesome punk rock.
10:04 PM on 05/02/12
CellarGhosts
cellarghosts.tumblr.com
User Info.
I doubt weezer will ever be perfect but this song is just insultingly bad. I just don't see how these lyrics and gah could come from the same band. It is not even tongue and cheek or cheese like some of the bad weezer stuff. This is litterally a Katy Perry meets Eminem shitstorm of what from a band that used to write awesome punk rock.
I sorta get the feeling that a tongue-in-cheek satire of pop radio California songs is what they wanted to go for here but the result is just too earnest-sounding for satire. I dunno. Sure they've always had goofy, novelty tracks like Hit That or Pretty Fly but neither of those was even near as bad as this. Sounds like the band is having a major identity crisis or something.
10:09 PM on 05/02/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I sorta get the feeling that a tongue-in-cheek satire of pop radio California songs is what they wanted to go for here but the result is just too earnest-sounding for satire. I dunno. Sure they've always had goofy, novelty tracks like Hit That or Pretty Fly but neither of those was even near as bad as this. Sounds like the band is having a major identity crisis or something.
Satire is one thing and this is another for sure. Honestly I would of guessed this was a Black Eyed Pees song now thinking about it if I did not know it was Offspring. Days Gone By sounded like a garage band playing dude rock with someone who is just starting to sing. After hearing both of these songs I can only hope there is no good song on this album so I will never feel compelled to buy it even on a discount or have it on my itunes.
04:49 AM on 05/03/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
To all who are bitching around:
This IS a joke song! - Noodles even said it himself in an interview.
The rest of the album is going to be rather fast and punk.
I find that hard to believe but I guess I will give it a listen. I doubt this album will be anything close to original or good. I heard a live track from the new album and why I rarely judge based on live recordings it was basically a complete rip off of "Savior" by Rise Against in a lot of ways...lyrically and song structure. I just have very little faith this band has any more magic left in them for making music. Their last album was really good and they should of expanded from there but this seems like a cry for attention album.
08:08 PM on 05/05/12
Amber4961
Amber Alert
User Info.
I'm pretty sure at this point that Brett Gurewitz wrote Ignition and Smash. There's just no way they've dropped this low...
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests