Username
Password
The Academy Is News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 28 of 28.
07:07 PM on 04/30/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
at least he's doing what he wants. i can respect that.
07:18 PM on 04/30/12
PengusNiugnep
@PenguinGengar
User Info.
The writers weren't kidding about how all good things must end. Then again some things are far too good to go ahead and let go.
08:04 PM on 04/30/12
Dookie1994
User Info.
But, the writers weren't kidding about the good things will live in our hearts.
08:29 PM on 04/30/12
xSpillFiction
Mama, I'm Satan
User Info.
bill beckett is a wonderful soul. no matter how much it breaks my heart to know TAI is done, i wish him the best of luck in whatever he does.
08:57 PM on 04/30/12
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
Meh, they'll get back together once they realize all their new projects are failing. Not that TAI was doing super great, but it seems like this always happens.
sisks won't come back

edit: siska. stupid iPhone
01:16 AM on 05/01/12
mondaybest
nothing is sacred
User Info.
I saw them play for the last time a few weeks before they broke up at... Macy's. Now that was depressing.
03:57 AM on 05/01/12
therailwayhouse
~
User Info.
hearing about this really bums me out, they were one of my favourite bands ;__;
they'll have a reunion eventually [I hope]
05:13 AM on 05/01/12
B.Leibo
User Info.
Neither will SKSK O_o
05:43 AM on 05/01/12
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
I hate it when band members come out and say stuff like this, most people dont have "fun" jobs, I really don't feel sorry for him in the slightest. He should have not taken for granted that he could make music for a living. If he really cared for the fans he would have stuck it out and made another record because lets face it being in a band can't be all that bad with the money and all that goes with it, it would be a much better job than most people have. In regards to his new solo stuff as well I dont think he will have a long career on those grounds, they should just get back together and realise they are in a position to do something most people darent even dream of.
that's harsh but i would have felt the same way if it happened to my favorite band. it's not that simple, i loved TAI but i'd rather him makes the music his heart desires.... at the same time i'd rather him be happy then "miserable". if it's what he really wanted, then i can't help but respect him as an honest person and move on...
06:18 AM on 05/01/12
caraeryn
Hey, got any grapes?
User Info.
Oh man. I really feel like Santi could have had a lot more success than it did. I miss these guys.
07:33 AM on 05/01/12
HollowPrince665
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sometimes a band needs to go. I have every album and I listen to them often. I will miss TAI, but I am very happy that they stuck to their beliefs and instead of exploding(or imploding) on stage or on tour they decided to end it quietly. Who knows maybe sometime in the future (far off most likely if at all) they'll do a reunion show. Till then, Will cant wait to hear the next EP
01:58 PM on 05/01/12
mollyk
User Info.
I hate it when band members come out and say stuff like this, most people dont have "fun" jobs, I really don't feel sorry for him in the slightest. He should have not taken for granted that he could make music for a living. If he really cared for the fans he would have stuck it out and made another record because lets face it being in a band can't be all that bad with the money and all that goes with it, it would be a much better job than most people have. In regards to his new solo stuff as well I dont think he will have a long career on those grounds, they should just get back together and realise they are in a position to do something most people darent even dream of.

What are you talking about? Sure, making music may be what he loves to do but why would you wish unhappiness upon anyone, especially a band you are a fan of, just so they can make one more album for you? I know bands make music for fans, but artists really make music for themselves. and "being in a band can't be all that bad with the money and all that goes with it"...I mean, TAI... had some good years, but toward the end I wouldn't say they were exactly a household name (or ever, really). Touring at that level can get you by but it doesn't generate some massive income that makes it worth it to "stick out" unhappiness. Touring can be a very rough life, and if you're not loving what you're doing you're probably not going to create great music anyway.
03:44 PM on 05/01/12
The Get Up Kid
User Info.
So who can recommend the best songs he's done outside of TAI? I haven't listened to anything he's doing solo or otherwise.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums