Username
Password
Blink 182 News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Blink 182
Inside AP.net

TOYPAJ Vinyl Artist Comments on MTS Release

Posted by: Jason Tate (05/01/12)
The following was posted on the Mightier Than Sword facebook page, under the comments for the picture of the TOYPAJ vinyl inner sleeves. It's from someone claiming to have worked on the artwork for this release -- and I guess sort of explains what happened?
From the Facebook Posthey guys, my name is timmy and i handled laying out the artwork for this release. figured i'd give you some inside scoop from my firsthand experience on this project and hopefully it can calm your nerves a bit. i started production on this release all the way back at the end of 2010. this has been plagued with hangup on top of hangup from the start. i know we sat on it for a few months (on multiple occasions) in order to get certain copyright approvals for the 7 inches. the original packaging design wasn't cutting it in real life, as the materials weren't strong enough to withstand the weight of the 3 additional 7 inches. it changed printers ... twice. there was always something that seemed to hang us up for a week or two at a time. i've worked with R.J. on multiple releases and we've had our disagreements, but the dude's heart is in the right place. this isn't a scam. in my opinion, it merely shouldn't have been announced when it was announced. we all know that we learn from our mistakes and become a better person / businessman / sandwich-maker - because of it. i'd most definitely be upset if i was in your situation - and i think that the anger has been fueled by some promises that don't seem to have been followed through with. unless there is something going on here that i don't know about, you guys will most definitely get your records, and they will be awesome. there was a lot of love, and stress that went into this and i don't think it was for nothing. you guys deserve an apology for sure, but in the meantime, pump some lossless TOYP&J FLAC files and live life to the fullest. i hope this can all be resolved in a professional manner. super unfortunate it had to get to this point.

Submitted by tyler2tall147

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 118
11:01 AM on 05/01/12
hisandherpes
User Info.
All I care about is getting my goods.
11:01 AM on 05/01/12
MyJukeboxBroke
I need a Couch
User Info.
well poop.
11:03 AM on 05/01/12
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
Too bad everyone already cancelled their orders, you fucking twats.
11:11 AM on 05/01/12
i like apples
Kyle Max
User Info.
just send me the fucking three 7" and a box of crayons. I'll draw my own fucking artwork.
texan4lif281
User Info.
Why are they still harping on this? It got cancelled. Move on.
Amongster
Up Into The Upswing
User Info.
Don't care. MTS fucked up too badly.
blnk182bassist
User Info.
I haven't canceled my TOYPAJ Record+7inch order because I thought the MTS offering was pretty unique and cool. That said, I just want to know if I'm going to get my records, get my money back, or none of the above. Right now it feels like the latter.
11:13 AM on 05/01/12
upthepunx
User Info.
11:14 AM on 05/01/12
neo506
Ten Stories
User Info.
just send me the fucking three 7" and a box of crayons. I'll draw my own fucking artwork.
11:15 AM on 05/01/12
bladerdude360
saved latin. What did you ever do?
User Info.
Why are they still harping on this? It got cancelled. Move on.
Yeah except for, you know, that it hasn't been cancelled. RJ hasn't said anything in months. SRC, who MTS was selling their extras to, cancelled because it wasn't out by the revised release date, but MTS never said anything about cancelling.
11:17 AM on 05/01/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
I don't care about anything that's happened if I get the vinyl, honestly. I think many people would agree
11:19 AM on 05/01/12
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.
Quote:
but in the meantime, pump some lossless TOYP&J FLAC files and live life to the fullest.

This guy just sounds like a fucking twat here. They paid for VINYL, dipshit.
11:21 AM on 05/01/12
texan4lif281
User Info.
Yeah except for, you know, that it hasn't been cancelled. RJ hasn't said anything in months. SRC, who MTS was selling their extras to, cancelled because it wasn't out by the revised release date, but MTS never said anything about cancelling.

My mistake
11:23 AM on 05/01/12
surette
kill the switch
User Info.
I still haven't canceled my order. Here's to hoping I still get what I paid for.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums