Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 124
10:46 AM on 05/02/12
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
No Jake, you do not need to believe in a god to make your dreams a reality.
10:49 AM on 05/02/12
yoursceneisdead
User Info.
No Jake, you do not need to believe in a god to make your dreams a reality.
well, it seems to have worked for him...
10:50 AM on 05/02/12
TheRxBandit
nope.avi
User Info.
And plenty of other people make their dreams a reality without devotion to God, as well. It's all about the kind of person you are.
10:51 AM on 05/02/12
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
I'd argue it was all his effort, two jobs, skill, and luck that made it work for him.
10:52 AM on 05/02/12
inevitable
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'd argue it was all his effort, two jobs, skill, and luck that made it work for him.
He wouldn't disagree with any of that except the luck part, I bet.
10:53 AM on 05/02/12
honkytonk
Fedoras, limit 1 per group.
User Info.
It's always nice to see someone's hard work and motivation pay off. I hope his belief in God continues to push him forward to produce great music, considering ABR is one of the few metalcore bands I still spin.
10:54 AM on 05/02/12
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
He wouldn't disagree with any of that except the luck part, I bet.
Probably.
10:54 AM on 05/02/12
yoursceneisdead
User Info.
And plenty of other people make their dreams a reality without devotion to God, as well. It's all about the kind of person you are.
i fully understand that. i only read his blog once, but i don't recall him saying anywhere that "the only way to make your dreams a reality is by being devoted to god." different things work for different people. if sacrificing his life to christ and being devoted to god worked for him, who's to argue that? i applaud jake for his honesty and the way he gets right to the point.
10:56 AM on 05/02/12
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
User Info.
Put together, isn't he just saying "Don't sacrifice the gift"?
Neither do I... Whether people like to believe it or not, genetics do factor in to most things... People need to start accepting the fact that not everyone is created equal.
10:57 AM on 05/02/12
inevitable
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Probably.

I'm going to try my best not to piss people off on this thread today. Sometimes I go a little over the top with my anti-religion rhetoric.
It's fine. Religion is such a touchy topic, it would be ridiculous to fight over Jake Luhrs faith. I do find it annoying to go into a blog written by someone as outwardly Christian as Jake Luhrs only to see people come in and bash him for sharing his beliefs. That's hypocritical if you ask me.
10:59 AM on 05/02/12
Jake Denning
User Info.
Probably.

I'm going to try my best not to piss people off on this thread today. Sometimes I go a little over the top with my anti-religion rhetoric.
You're not being offensive, you're just contributing to discussion, which is what we're trying to encourage with these guest blogs.
11:00 AM on 05/02/12
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
It's fine. Religion is such a touchy topic, it would be ridiculous to fight over Jake Luhrs faith. I do find it annoying to go into a blog written by someone as outwardly Christian as Jake Luhrs only to see people come in and bash him for sharing his beliefs. That's hypocritical if you ask me.
Yeah...I love that he shared his beliefs. What bothers me is when people flip a shit about people having the nerve to question his beliefs. With the religious it seems to be a one-way street. The religious can express their beliefs, but the minute someone questions those beliefs, shit hits the fan.
11:01 AM on 05/02/12
claw38
User Info.
Tons of respect for Jake for being open and honest about his beliefs..it's cool to hear from someone who doesn't just use their beliefs to pander to a demographic. Best of luck to him and ABR, love those guys!
11:04 AM on 05/02/12
Sam DeBurns Red
User Info.
So rad. No comment can sum up my respect for this dude and his honesty. AP.net's gonna roast anyone who puts Christian faith on display, for better or worse, but I got mad love for these guys and they're definitely backed.
11:07 AM on 05/02/12
inevitable
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah...I love that he shared his beliefs. What bother me is when people flip a shit about people having the nerve to question his beliefs. With the religious it seems to be a one-way street. The religious can express their beliefs, but the minute someone questions those beliefs, shit hits the fan.
It happens both ways though. It's like as soon as a Christian opens his mouth you have someone that doesn't believe jump on them. And then when that happens, you have the Christian getting upset because of it. The bottom line is, no one ever said living a Christian lifestyle was a walk in the park. You're going to be persecuted for your beliefs. The underlying principle that is too often overlooked by the Christian is that, this is going to happen and you love the person anyway. Christians give themselves a bad name, and I completely understand why someone that doesn't believe in that, could be easily upset by it.

I'm sorry if Christianity offends you for some reason. Christians shouldn't be like Crusaders, and nonbelievers shouldn't be like Dan Savage. There's no room for bullying either way.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos