AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Recover News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Recover
Inside AP.net

What's Dan Keyes (Recover/Young Love) Up To Now?

Posted by: Jason Tate (05/02/12)
A new article on Dan Keyes (Recover/Young Love) talking about his experiences with the music industry and labels, and how he's a music publisher now -- can be found here.
From the ArticleThe music industry, however, was in the throes of dealing with plummeting sales and a business model that no longer worked, and things over at Island Def Jam had changed. “I came back, and Rob Stevenson had left; my whole team over there was pretty much gone,” Dan said. “So I was kind of dead in the water over there. The first record got a great push, and it did well and got me a lot of exposure and brought me to the first step of where I needed to be, but by the time I was ready to record the second, everybody at the label had gone.”

Submitted by ThisIsNotDan

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
12:30 PM on 05/02/12
crutchfield
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This may be the year i disappear is one of my favorite albums of all time. Never got to see the live.
12:34 PM on 05/02/12
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
This may be the year i disappear is one of my favorite albums of all time. Never got to see the live.
i saw them at Kilby Court in SLC. super small garage-like place. they played with Armor For Sleep and Say Anything.

i wish they'd release a new album or do a full tour... sounds like we're going to be waiting (again) for awhile (if ever)
01:01 PM on 05/02/12
saofan_315
So assuming that this weekend...
User Info.
Recover are cobras.
01:12 PM on 05/02/12
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
i saw them at Kilby Court in SLC. super small garage-like place. they played with Armor For Sleep and Say Anything.

i wish they'd release a new album or do a full tour... sounds like we're going to be waiting (again) for awhile (if ever)
that tour was so fucking good
02:46 PM on 05/02/12
okide
User Info.
I saw the bass player and drummer from Recover at a karaoke bar the other week... Didn't bother saying hi
03:31 PM on 05/02/12
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.

i know this doesn't help, but these guys were so good on stage. i was lucky to live in texas where they played 10 shows a year.

I saw the bass player and drummer from Recover at a karaoke bar the other week... Didn't bother saying hi

03:32 PM on 05/02/12
xconcretenwater
dude
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not a publisher, but a writer...
03:39 PM on 05/02/12
rob_dr
http://www.twitter.com/roberto_dr
User Info.
Not a publisher, but a writer...

This.
03:47 PM on 05/02/12
SoundwaveUproar
Registered Member
User Info.
i know this doesn't help, but these guys were so good on stage. i was lucky to live in texas where they played 10 shows a year.

pawn stars, love that show haha
03:55 PM on 05/02/12
signal to noise
User Info.
yesssss!

saw Recover at the same tour with Armor For Sleep. super small venue, and bunch of people left after Armor For Sleep played, so Recover only played for like 20-30 people. oddly enough some of the stuff from that show is on Armor For Sleep's dvd.
06:47 PM on 05/02/12
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
Saw them in 2002 opening for Taking Back Sunday. I didn't know them but I was blown away.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests