Username
Password
Contest News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Contest
Inside AP.net

Contest: Matt Skiba and the Sekrets

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (05/02/12)
Matt Skiba & The Sekrets' debut album, Babylon, comes out next Tuesday, May 8th. We've teamed up with Superball Music to give away a copy of the CD along with a poster autographed by Mr. Skiba himself. Tell us why you should receive the prize, and the best reason will win.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 65
01:03 PM on 05/02/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
The contest will be open for 24 hours, after which we will choose a winner. One entry per person.

Keep an eye on our Facebook page for another chance to win.
01:08 PM on 05/02/12
mattisrawrock
Thinker
User Info.
Because I've never won anything before in my entire life
01:15 PM on 05/02/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
I enjoy Matt Skiba's work. I also enjoy free music and to add this poster to my autograph collection. I'm sure there are a bunch of people who deserve this prize more but I'd like to win it because my luck sucks.
01:15 PM on 05/02/12
Xiegfried
Reconnect This
User Info.
Because I love Alkaline Trio and I have finals coming up. Knowing I won this contest would make them a lot more bearable :D.
01:24 PM on 05/02/12
TKniep
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I should receive the prize because I love everything Matt Skiba does from Alkaline Trio to Heavens. His music has gotten me through some hard times in the past. Also, seeing Matt Skiba at the Glasshouse in Pomona, CA was one of the best shows I've ever seen.
01:34 PM on 05/02/12
sboykin1221
User Info.
I should receive this prize because I am awesome. That is all.

But in all seriousness I'm a big fan and this would be sick. It's that simple. I can't say I deserve it more or less than anyone else, but it sure would be awesome to win.

Good luck to everyone!
01:37 PM on 05/02/12
tbsrock08
User Info.
Matt Skiba is one of the best artists out there to date. Every single project he creates is REALLY GOOD, and any one of any music genre can LISTEN to his amazingness!!!
01:45 PM on 05/02/12
punkenuff
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I can't say I'm all deserving, but I would love to win it. I am from a small suburb outside of Chicago where Matt's family (his mother and father) grew up and still live. His father was actually my oral surgeon in 2005 and we talked Alkaline Trio and a little bit about Matt living in L.A. at my appointment. I'm going to the show at the Metro in Chicago on June 7th which is actually the day before my 25th birthday. This would just add to the awesomeness and make me pretty excited.
01:46 PM on 05/02/12
TAI182
User Info.
I have been a huge Alkaline Trio fan for many years. In 6th grade, I skipped school to buy Good Mourning in its release date. Matt's lyrics definitely hit home with me and have helped me through some tough times. I am anxious to hear the new Sekrets record!
01:48 PM on 05/02/12
foolonhill315
User Info.
I deserve the prize because I enjoy Matt Skiba and am looking forward to hearing the new album.
01:48 PM on 05/02/12
Circa1628
Long suffering Bills fan
User Info.
I have TWO reasons why I should win.

1. Alkaline Trio had not come around upstate NY in a very very long time the year they did the tour with Saves the Day. My friend called me the night before their show in Cleveland saying I have two extra tickets to the House of Blues show. I skipped work and pulled a no call/no show to go to it, because I was having Alkaline Trio withdrawal.

2. A couple of years ago when Alkaline Trio played Warped Tour supporting This Addiction my tooth got knocked out in the front row on the barrier during one of the previous bands. When it happened Alkaline Trio had not played yet, so I went to the medical tent, got some medicine, and braved the rest of Warped Tour so I could see Alkaline Trio, and even fought my way back to the front row, to risk loss of another tooth to make sure I was front row for it

P.S. When I met Skiba that year at Warped tour, I was so starstruck I forgot to get his autograph!
01:52 PM on 05/02/12
Charlieistony
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I should receive the prize because I've been a long time alkaline trio fan and Goddamnit is one of my favorite albums of all time. I was going to see them in Northern New Jersey with my brother, there ended up being a horrible flood and rain storm that made me miss the show because they cancelled it. It took my brother and I 9 hours to get to northern new jersey from central pennsylvania, only to find out the show was rescheduled for the next night, which I couldn't make it to because I am in nursing school. So we had to drive home in bumper to bumper traffic, which took 7 hours, and all I had to show for it was an Alkaline Trio concert ticket that I was unable to use. And that pretty much bummed me out for weeks. It was at the Starland Ballroom which I've never been to! So bummed. Gah.
01:53 PM on 05/02/12
mxpxjf
mxpxjf
User Info.
Because I've been listening to Skiba stuff for the past decade or so and since being married to my wife for the past year and a half, have turned her into an even bigger Skiba fan than me. Almost every time she drives the car, Alkaline Trio, theHELL, or Skiba solo stuff is in the CD player!
01:53 PM on 05/02/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
I want this, that is why I want it.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music