Password
Record Sales News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 35.
03:40 PM on 05/02/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This right here. I feel like it can't be possible at this point.
It's possible because we're seeing it with our own eyes. I'm just curious if there has been a study or anything related to how she can still be selling that much. I know she has massive singles from the record but you would expect the sales to die down at some point.
03:47 PM on 05/02/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Good for Eve 6 but their new album sucked.
04:05 PM on 05/02/12
Takk...Ros
No, I am not sorry
User Info.
It's possible because we're seeing it with our own eyes. I'm just curious if there has been a study or anything related to how she can still be selling that much. I know she has massive singles from the record but you would expect the sales to die down at some point.
Well...yes. I wasn't actually saying it's impossible and we're being duped by someone. More like it's hard to believe she's STILL selling that many because you would expect sales to die down. It's just a little crazy to me that there are still people who want the album, but don't have it yet.
04:16 PM on 05/02/12
Formatfun
Format, The, Format, The
User Info.
Congrats, Jack White!

His album kicks ass. Looking forward to his next project, hoping it's a Raconteurs album.
04:21 PM on 05/02/12
timorous_me
http://www.PunksInVegas.com
User Info.
The last album I can remember selling so much for so long was American Idiot by Green Day but at least I could see why - it had singles that were big on hard rock stations, soft rock/mom rock, top 40, pop, alternative ect. So every single was exposing the album to a different group. Adele is super talented but I can't figure out how almost 100,000 people are still deciding each week to pick it up after all this time. Must just be really strong word of mouth winning over the remaining hold outs.
04:38 PM on 05/02/12
JasonEpitaph
User Info.
Yea, I was looking for them but didn't see them on the list. I'm interested to see how many albums they sold.
According to Soundscan they did 10k and some change.
04:39 PM on 05/02/12
Jhawker182
User Info.
Glad to see those numbers for Eve 6. They put on a great show a few weeks back, hopefully they will tour and make it back my way in the somewhat near future.
04:47 PM on 05/02/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well...yes. I wasn't actually saying it's impossible and we're being duped by someone. More like it's hard to believe she's STILL selling that many because you would expect sales to die down. It's just a little crazy to me that there are still people who want the album, but don't have it yet.
It just seems ridiculous. Katy Perry's last album set or tied the record for most #1 singles from an album but hasn't even sold close to Adele. I know in this day and age singles can't directly correlate to total album sales but you have to assume there would be some correlation.

Also, if your username is a Sigur Ros reference, nice. Takk...is one of my favorite records.
05:16 PM on 05/02/12
ghelms88
Back by Popular Demand
User Info.
According to Soundscan they did 10k and some change.
Thanks!
06:01 PM on 05/02/12
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
Good for Eve 6 but their new album sucked.
Can't agree. It rocks, been listening for a couple weeks now.
09:15 PM on 05/02/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Guess I need to listen to that Jack White record - still need to listen to new Eve 6, as well.

Good for fun. and Adele yet again
10:16 PM on 05/02/12
tyler2tall147
Awesome
User Info.
Eve 6 sold a lot better then I was expecting, I kind of expected their reunion to go under the radar. NFG sold 10k on their last album.
10:24 PM on 05/02/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Can't agree. It rocks, been listening for a couple weeks now.
If you like hearing the same dance pop song on repeat you should have been listening to the Audition's second album.
11:06 PM on 05/02/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Good for Eve6...breaking the top 40.
02:09 AM on 05/03/12
trevorshmevor
User Info.
What in the actual fuck at Adele right now. How is this still happening?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests