Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 46
12:52 PM on 05/03/12
Dustin Harkins
I forgot that happened
User Info.
Duh. You should pm too. Got something to share.
Yuh!
01:15 PM on 05/03/12
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
I learned that everyone should listen to what I have to say all the time
/thread

01:17 PM on 05/03/12
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
User Info.
I learned that the people who shouldn't use the internet are the ones who use it the most.
01:22 PM on 05/03/12
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
I learned that the people who shouldn't use the internet are the ones who use it the most.
words to live by.

i mean, how has Jason not fired me yet?!?!
01:23 PM on 05/03/12
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
User Info.
words to live by.

i mean, how has Jason not fired me yet?!?!

Haha. I meant more along the lines of people who are constantly at each other's throats on an internet forum. I've always been open about being curious how said people handle real-life conflict.
01:39 PM on 05/03/12
newspaperbcf
User Info.
01:58 PM on 05/03/12
Xiegfried
Reconnect This
User Info.
Nah, I'm in the same boat when it comes to TWY. I think in principle I ought to really like them but I don't.
Yeah, that's kind of how I felt. I heard a lot of hype behind them and I love pop punk, but they just weren't what I expected. I'll probably get to liking them eventually, but for now I'm just not a huge fan.
02:16 PM on 05/03/12
_veges_
User Info.
Absolutepunk definitely opened me up to more than just alternative rock and punk (which is ironically what brought me here). Generally I think other users' opinions on music has an influence on me giving an album a second chance or checking it out, but not necessarily more than a media publication. The reason for this is that these are more of a verified opinion rather than someone who could just be a random guy who has nothing in common with my musical tastes and they lack the accountability someone at a publication has.
03:34 PM on 05/03/12
Hagysaurus Rex
We yell like hell to the heavens.
User Info.
As far as reading reviews on this site, I will only do that if I have absolutely no idea who the band is or after I've already listened to the album in question. For example, if somebody reviews Gaslight Anthem (one of my favorite bands) I'm NOT going to check it out until after I've heard it/made my own impressions. But if somebody reviews Hands Like Houses (I have no clue who this band is) I'll check it out to see if it might be for me. I also never look at the score. Nothing personal, I just don't like scored reviews that much.
05:21 PM on 05/03/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
I usually trust my opinion on music 100%, but I love taking recs from people. The only people who I trust consistently with record recommendations are Jason, Eda, Joe, and deadkidsean.
05:21 PM on 05/03/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
As far as reading reviews on this site, I will only do that if I have absolutely no idea who the band is or after I've already listened to the album in question. For example, if somebody reviews Gaslight Anthem (one of my favorite bands) I'm NOT going to check it out until after I've heard it/made my own impressions. But if somebody reviews Hands Like Houses (I have no clue who this band is) I'll check it out to see if it might be for me. I also never look at the score. Nothing personal, I just don't like scored reviews that much.
I don't like scored reviews that much either.
05:50 PM on 05/03/12
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
I started reading AP.net a few years before I even wanted to make an account. The comments used to actually be a big turn off for me because of all the fighting in them. Then, I made an account just to make fun of a friends band who got posted. It took me a while to get in the comments more, because I did exactly what I hated about this place, fighting with people. After about a year, I realized it's not worth it to talk shit on bands here unless you're just a troll. People will defend what they love, and rightfully so.

Once you learn to kind of keep your extremely dick thoughts to yourself instead of spewing word vomit all over the threads, it becomes a really fun place. I trust a lot of peoples opinions here, and I constantly find bands daily I show off to my friends.

Edit: One thing I kind of don't trust, is the Free Music Friday RIYL. Some of those are way off.
09:52 AM on 05/04/12
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
Weatherbox - that's why we're tight.
Just came across this band going through Paste Magazines 50 state project where they pick the best bands from each state. They are called "Shy Technology" and they kinda sound like a cross between Weatherbox and The Front Bottoms. Check em out and let me know what you think.
09:55 AM on 05/04/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I usually trust my opinion on music 100%, but I love taking recs from people. The only people who I trust consistently with record recommendations are Jason, Eda, Joe, and deadkidsean.

You should ask me more, brother
10:02 AM on 05/04/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Just came across this band going through Paste Magazines 50 state project where they pick the best bands from each state. They are called "Shy Technology" and they kinda sound like a cross between Weatherbox and The Front Bottoms. Check em out and let me know what you think.

Dude, thank you for showing me these guys. Great fucking stuff.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos