Username
Password

Comments: Page 12
Displaying posts 165 - 180 of 561
04:12 PM on 05/03/12
FallOutBoyPunch
pressure's mountin',I don't Everest
User Info.
Many of the bands that have already been discussed. And, Melee.
Dustin Harkins
I forgot that happened
User Info.
I wouldn't put this band in the category of "shouldabeenHUGE", but I think if Trophy Scars put out Alphabet. Alphabets. around the same time La Dispute put out Somewhere At The Bottom Of The River Between Vega And Altair, they'd be in a completely different position right now.
JCSurf27
User Info.
Name Taken, The Years Gone By, Acceptance, Hidden In Plain View are ones that come to mind right away.
04:13 PM on 05/03/12
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
I think a lot of people are mentioning bands that they just love and are flabbergasted as to why their not famous. If you like the band, cool. Like what you like. But know that just because you like something doesn't mean it's going to sell. I'm totally cool with a band like Senses Fail never breaking out because stuff like that just doesn't sell. Not saying they're a bad band, I enjoy them from time to time, but there isn't a huge market for bands like that these days. In the 1990s, bands like that would be the biggest bands around.
04:14 PM on 05/03/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
One band that got really close to breaking out was Saves The Day. Some of you might know that they're my favorite band but this is a completely unbiased stance. They were on Dreamworks label for crying out loud. They had one of the most hyped albums of the year when In Reverie came out. Not to say that album isn't bad, I love it, but people didn't bite on it like they should have. Especially around that time that Fall Out Boy was getting huge, I would've have thought a band like Saves The Day could really ride the waves of Fall Out Boy's success and be just as successful. If any of you have ever seen the Daybreak documentary they released recently, where Chris talks about the experience of being on Dreamworks and how the album didn't quite pan out they way everyone hoped, that breaks my heart.
"In Reverie" was around the Blink released their self-titled album, which was right before the huge rise of emo music, about a year or two before From Under the Cork Tree. They just missed when the wave crested.
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
The change in style and vocals from SWYA to IR was just too much. If they would have released SWYA instead --- just a few months later. They could have fit right in with Dashboard's rise.
Yeah, that's pretty much what went down, I suppose. It's still unfortunate considering to this day, they release, what I think, is some of the best music.
tom_q
User Info.
I thought Against Me would get really big from New Wave or at least a lot bigger than they are now.
04:16 PM on 05/03/12
SureAsRain
The Motel Life / Michael
User Info.
I'm surprised no one has said this band yet, but Forgive Durden comes to mind for this category.

That band had a really good following with Wonderland then disappeared after all the members left. Razia's Shadow came out, no one listened to it, and now he's gone again.

Don't get me wrong I loved Razia's Shadow, but I understand that FBR had no idea how to market it. They tried their best. Thomas is a great writer and has a lot of talent. With the right marketing and proper audience that musical could have been a lot bigger.
Dustin Harkins
I forgot that happened
User Info.
Not a band but Royce Da 5'9" shoulda been huge. If it weren't for a certain Detroit white boy coming out with him and becoming ridiculously famous, he would've been much more popular than he is now.
Hagysaurus Rex
We yell like hell to the heavens.
User Info.
I'm not sure if AM Taxi is still a band or not, but I thought We Don't Stand A Chance coupled with them being signed to Virgin Records would have made them a lot bigger of a band than they are (were?). That album had some pretty awesome and catchy songs on it.
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
"In Reverie" was around the Blink released their self-titled album, which was right before the huge rise of emo music, about a year or two before From Under the Cork Tree. They just missed when the wave crested.
Well it could have been that but I attribute it to the fact that Chris' voice change drastically and that threw the label off, in turn the label probably didn't push the record as hard as they could, in my opinion. It's almost the same as what happened with The Starting Line. But TSL had a lot more drama involved.
04:17 PM on 05/03/12
glattim
User Info.
I think Saves the Day were really close too. "In Reverie" is actually my favorite from them and it blows my mind that they received so much criticism for it.
04:18 PM on 05/03/12
sofriggencool
so friggen cool
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Mae should have blown up.

I agree. The everglow is one of my favorite albums of all time. However, the songs on there own probably don't have enough staying power.. I never really liked Suspension as a single. Still though, they definitely should have been bigger than they were
04:18 PM on 05/03/12
hipvee43
User Info.
The Starting Line
04:19 PM on 05/03/12
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
I am too lazy to see if anyone has made a case for Finch (and probably too ill-informed to make my own), but yeah, FINCH.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos