Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 566.
02:23 PM on 05/03/12
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
User Info.
If BOATS woulda been different ... I think they woulda. I love that band, love that album ... but at that time and place -- a single that's not "Bedroom Talk" ... and it could have happened.
I rage every time I hear "Stay Where I Can See You" and its single-worthy potential. "Autography" had a lot of potential as well somewhere between its demo version and the final product.
Mirrorsandfevers
www.BasedOnNothing.net
User Info.
All Get Out should be on Manchester's popularity level.
PermanentTourists
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The Gaslight Anthem is already pretty huge..

The Format
Park
Paper Route and Paper Rival
Steel Train
dangerofthought
An Uneducated Opinion
User Info.
always thought that all Between The Trees was a big break. Had a whole lot of commercial appeal, I just feel like they never picked the right tours and they were signed to a two-band label.
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If BOATS woulda been different ... I think they woulda. I love that band, love that album ... but at that time and place -- a single that's not "Bedroom Talk" ... and it could have happened.
"Bedroom Talk" was a shock value single. Bad video, Kenny's hair was not marketable (sorry bro), and just a poor overall choice.

"Island" was the song that should have broken them mainstream. Don't know how they messed that one up. Should have been the song of the summer 2007. How do you mess that up?
02:24 PM on 05/03/12
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
I'm going to go ahead and say The Early November. I know they're back together now and all that but in their original run, I would've thought they could of got to at least Jimmy Eat World, Third Eye Blind type status. They released a great EP, an amazing debut album, and another album that while can be seen as hit or miss, definitely has more hit than miss.
Fourchordwonder
This whole thing was unstoppable
User Info.
The biggest one, in all honesty, is All Time Low.

This is a band that we were all waiting to break huge after So Wrong, It's Right, and we thought they would be the perfect fit for the Fall Out Boy pop-punk throne. They did every single thing right, in terms of getting the teenage girls on their side before the mainstream push, they built fans through word of mouth instead of radio play, and crafted perfect pop-punk songs.

Then came "Weightless."

That should have been it. It premiered on this site and I gave a nostalgiac metaphoric wave goodbye to the guys and wished them the best of luck on top of the world. And it never happened. The chorus to that song was absolutely pitch-perfect and the lyrics resonated with their target audience. That was it. That should have been it. Every single person on this site loved the song and we all agreed this was the next "Sugar We're Going Down." All Time Low should be headlining stadiums around the country now.

Instead, the pop-punk bubble burst right when they were on top of it and it never happened. For as good as Midtown and Acceptance were, they never got as close as All Time Low did. To think that whoever handled All Time Low in terms of their agents/label/whatever was given absolute gold and did nothing with it is just embarrassing.

Regardless of whether or not you like the band, you have to admit that they were primed for the big time and still haven't made it and it seems like they've missed the opportunity. Poor guys. I think if anyone shouldabeenbigger, it's All Time Low.
This is actually a great answer. It always blows my mind that that song never caught on more than it did. I still find myself humming it all the time.
schmalz
...with the saves the day record on
User Info.
Mention Midtown!

I think Augustana got somewhat big from All the Stars and Boulevards, no?

Acceptance not being big is a crime.

Valencia/The Juliana Theory shouldabeenbigger.
The Juliana Theory were way before their time. Emotion is Dead is a timeless classic for me personally.

I just spun that record for my fiance and she loved it... and she only loves top 40 radio.
undonesweater93
Where are your friends tonight?
User Info.

This is a band that we were all waiting to break huge after So Wrong, It's Right, and we thought they would be the perfect fit for the Fall Out Boy pop-punk throne. They did every single thing right, in terms of getting the teenage girls on their side before the mainstream push, they built fans through word of mouth instead of radio play, and crafted perfect pop-punk songs.

Then came "Weightless."

That should have been it. It premiered on this site and I gave a nostalgiac metaphoric wave goodbye to the guys and wished them the best of luck on top of the world. And it never happened. The chorus to that song was absolutely pitch-perfect and the lyrics resonated with their target audience. That was it. That should have been it. Every single person on this site loved the song and we all agreed this was the next "Sugar We're Going Down." All Time Low should be headlining stadiums around the country now.

Instead, the pop-punk bubble burst right when they were on top of it and it never happened. For as good as Midtown and Acceptance were, they never got as close as All Time Low did. To think that whoever handled All Time Low in terms of their agents/label/whatever was given absolute gold and did nothing with it is just embarrassing.

Regardless of whether or not you like the band, you have to admit that they were primed for the big time and still haven't made it and it seems like they've missed the opportunity. Poor guys. I think if anyone shouldabeenbigger, it's All Time Low.
Damn, you're entirely right dude.

I think people were getting nostalgic about the early 00's style bands that got really popular and that was why ATL was successful. They decided to go for the demographic that I think was never really theirs - the one that One Direction dominates now.
Jason Tate
User Info.

Then came "Weightless."

Interesting point ... and definitely well argued. I think that's the band everyone pegged as it happening with ... like the running joke has now become with each album release/cycle: is it now?
Fourchordwonder
This whole thing was unstoppable
User Info.
OET should have gotten a bigger push. Effing label crap screwed that one up.
They just kept making music videos like that was still a relevant way to market an album. I assume that was the label and not the band who made that budget decision.
02:25 PM on 05/03/12
btown4life
User Info.
Valencia, for sure.

And for two hometown-ish bands that I always hoped would become popular: Echo Screen & Status Green.
absolution
User Info.
Lanemeyer
Copeland
Thrice - beggars and major/minor era
hashbrowns
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The Beautiful Mistake, at least with Light a Match. That album was unreal at the time it was released.
i just picked that album up on vinyl. crazy to see some old friend's bands in the liner notes like Wester and Falling Cycle. 2002 were great times
02:26 PM on 05/03/12
texasismyreason
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Junction 18, No Motiv, Finch, Audio Karate, mid-career Home Grown, Over It...
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests