Username
Password
Me Without You News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Me Without You
Inside AP.net

Questions For mewithoutYou

Posted by: Jonathan Bautts (05/04/12)
I will be sending over some questions for Aaron Weiss from mewithoutYou to answer, so if you have any good ones, leave 'em in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 44.
01:15 PM on 05/04/12
tacosforcharles
it all ends
User Info.
Where do you rank Ten Stories in terms of your personal favorite mwY albums?
01:15 PM on 05/04/12
thesollopsist
Up all night, and down all day
User Info.
How did you come up with the theme of Ten Stories? It's a damn fine concept. Loving the new album.
01:20 PM on 05/04/12
ashtonisfalling
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I am curious to know what bands/music Aaron listened to growing up
01:27 PM on 05/04/12
unnameworthy
Gypsy Wizard
User Info.
In retrospect, how do you think Chris Kleinberg's departure has changed the band's direction, if at all? After the noticeable change on it's all crazy, the guitar work in Ten Stories sounds more like the albums Chris helped make.
01:35 PM on 05/04/12
thedairyfairy
User Info.
How did not having a label affect the recording process of Ten Stories? Creatively? Monetarily? In addition, what drove you guys to not resign with Tooth & Nail?
01:40 PM on 05/04/12
dylanagibson
The Littlest Things
User Info.
How did you come up with the theme of Ten Stories? It's a damn fine concept. Loving the new album.

William Jame's Principles of Psychology Vol. 1, page 121. Talks about a train crash and a caged tiger walks outside of the cage and then goes back inside his cage. here Aaron used that as a platform for the rest of the stories and themes. But, I'd like to know where he got the ideas for the rest of the animals behaviors and what animals to use.

In the Brother, Sister "era" he focused a lot on living as lowly as possible, doing things like dumpster diving and having no possessions and a lot Asian concepts like not having a "self" or not being able to define things. It's All Crazy! borrowed a lot from Bahai faith and teachings. Spiritually, where is Aaron at now?
02:02 PM on 05/04/12
thesollopsist
Up all night, and down all day
User Info.
William Jame's Principles of Psychology Vol. 1, page 121. Talks about a train crash and a caged tiger walks outside of the cage and then goes back inside his cage. here Aaron used that as a platform for the rest of the stories and themes. But, I'd like to know where he got the ideas for the rest of the animals behaviors and what animals to use.

In the Brother, Sister "era" he focused a lot on living as lowly as possible, doing things like dumpster diving and having no possessions and a lot Asian concepts like not having a "self" or not being able to define things. It's All Crazy! borrowed a lot from Bahai faith and teachings. Spiritually, where is Aaron at now?
Awesome, thanks man.
02:19 PM on 05/04/12
heyitskyle
Lover, the Lord Has Left Us
User Info.
What are you current favorite albums, and what albums influenced you the most musically?
02:28 PM on 05/04/12
mte06a
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
In "Fox's Dream Of The Log Flume," Aaron writes "mistook sign for signified," is this a nod to structuralist or post-structuralist theory? If so, what role do the concepts of Foucault and Derrida play in defining the spiritual aspect of this record?
02:32 PM on 05/04/12
projectmayhem16
keep cool but care
User Info.
What his thoughts are about the upcoming election.
02:46 PM on 05/04/12
rushour144
User Info.
I am curious to know what bands/music Aaron listened to growing up
Yea, going off of this, what vocalists (or any type artist for that matter) influenced your (aaron) vocal style?
02:52 PM on 05/04/12
CPF--FBR
@ConnorMEB | Mind Equals Blown
User Info.
What are you listening to these days? I found myself revisiting mwY's discography so I'm curious as to what's infiltrating your ears.
03:02 PM on 05/04/12
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
User Info.
I wish I could just sit down and let him dissect all of his lyrics. Can't wait to read this interview. Interviews with Aaron have the potential to be incredible.
03:08 PM on 05/04/12
Mykul237
User Info.
You had a part on La Dispute's "a Poem." Will there be any more collaboration with La Dispute in the future (tour, features, splits, etc.)?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS