Username
Password
Me Without You News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 44.
03:23 PM on 05/04/12
IceAge/HeatWave
hello earth
User Info.
this album seems, on first listen without lyric sheet, decidedly more secular than the rest. since it's been a huge presence in the lyrics in the past, what effect, if any, did Faith play in writing this record?

also, what is the last line in Fox's Dream?
03:51 PM on 05/04/12
himynameisjohn3
her eyes were blue her hair was too
User Info.
how influential has Bob Dylan been musically and lyrically?
and/or would you ever consider doing a studio cover of one of his songs since you have been known to occasionally cover him at acoustic aftershows?
04:01 PM on 05/04/12
spangler789
User Info.
You had a part on La Dispute's "a Poem." Will there be any more collaboration with La Dispute in the future (tour, features, splits, etc.)?
that wasn't aaron
04:06 PM on 05/04/12
spangler789
User Info.
How much does a haircut cost at Rick's Place?
04:24 PM on 05/04/12
Trauma Caspian
Hold Fast Hope
User Info.
Do film scores inspire you with some of the music you create? if so, what ones?
05:13 PM on 05/04/12
albertad
User Info.
It seems as though many of mwY's lyrics discuss celibacy and desire, how have you personally dealt with those subjects and has it cost you any significant relationships in your own life?
05:16 PM on 05/04/12
GNARgnarGnar
Hi i'm Casey Aylward!
User Info.
How did the alkaline trio tour come about? I loved it, but it was such an unlikely pairing.
05:22 PM on 05/04/12
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
User Info.
Where did the idea re-working old song ideas into new ones come from? Is it from wanting to change what you did before or are the themes the same, you just wanted to add to them?
05:56 PM on 05/04/12
spangler789
User Info.
Where did the idea re-working old song ideas into new ones come from? Is it from wanting to change what you did before or are the themes the same, you just wanted to add to them?
I think he's said before that he'll have most of a song written but won't know how to start it out and then he finds that the intro to some old song actually fits it really well so he works that into it. But I couldn't find that written anywhere so maybe that's not exactly true.

In this interview, Mike said that he sometimes practices with old lyrics when he's working on his vocal approach and then I guess they just stick.

Edit: Found a reference for the first thing I said. Basically, he has a hard time coming up with opening lines
06:13 PM on 05/04/12
neo506
Ten Stories
User Info.
In "Fox's Dream Of The Log Flume," Aaron writes "mistook sign for signified," is this a nod to structuralist or post-structuralist theory? If so, what role do the concepts of Foucault and Derrida play in defining the spiritual aspect of this record?
Ask this one please.
06:17 PM on 05/04/12
Rodeo
User Info.
How was it making a record without Kleinberg and did he help write and of the songs on the new record?
06:26 PM on 05/04/12
Whatareyoudylan
User Info.
You had a part on La Dispute's "a Poem." Will there be any more collaboration with La Dispute in the future (tour, features, splits, etc.)?
This......is false.
06:26 PM on 05/04/12
Whatareyoudylan
User Info.
Ask if he is religious at all?
06:29 PM on 05/04/12
Clark
Dirk Nowitzki's Beard
User Info.
Ask if he is religious at all?
lol
07:35 PM on 05/04/12
CPF--FBR
@ConnorMEB | Mind Equals Blown
User Info.
Also, I've always wondered about The Fox, The Crow, and The Cookie...I know it's about a story in its own, but was the lyrical construction or even the sheer fact that you chose to write about it reflective of your own childhood? Meaning, were you not allowed any sweets as a kid or anything of the sort? The desire seen in the words makes me ponder about that.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests