AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Me Without You News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 44 of 44.
07:58 PM on 05/04/12
signal to noise
User Info.
It's very rare that an "A -> B Life" song gets played live anymore. Do you feel a large disconnect from the album as a whole at this point?

Any suggested readings for those interested in your take on faith?
09:35 PM on 05/04/12
theoceanthecity
Frenger
User Info.
What books are you currently reading and/or recommend? What music have you been listening to and/or recommend? What films have you seen lately and/or recommend? Do you play video games? How is the teaching lifestyle versus the touring/music life? Do you have any personal favorites off of the new record performing wise and/or in general? Where did the inception of the story that became Ten Stories come about? How did this recording process differ from It's All Crazy!? This may be a bit personal, but do you adopt any specific religion as your own and if so/not, what are your thoughts on "this" religion verses "that" religion, considering, there are a lot of people out there that believe that THEIR beliefs are the "right" one? (nod towards "we have all of our beliefs, but we don't want our beliefs, God of peace, we want you) If that may be too personal, then how about, do you consider yourself to be a man of faith in any regard and if so, in what regard? And for just a comment, I'm absolutely stoked to get my box set.

I apologize for all of the questions, I know it's a lot. I suppose I have no excuse other than this is the closest a lot of us are going to get to sit down and have a conversation with him, and I'm certain a lot of us fans would love to do just that. Thanks for the opportunity to ask some of those questions. :)
09:42 PM on 05/04/12
Jimmy_Love
User Info.
This might be too personal, but....

What's the story behind "Fox's Dream of the Log Flume"? When asked about A to B:Life in a recent interview you said, “[The songs] were all about a relationship that’s been over for many, many years now…I can only feel it so much when we’ve both moved on.", but I can't help but feel like this song is addressing an old relationship.
10:00 PM on 05/04/12
InfiniteArms
Foreign everywhere I've been
User Info.
Their previous album It's All Crazy! It's All False! It's All a Dream! It's Alright saw the band change their sound quite dramatically. Although it wasn't a bad album, it was a surprise for fans. What was the inspiration to go down that path on that album?
01:02 AM on 05/05/12
andregino
User Info.
What are some of your favorite verses that you've wrote?
02:19 AM on 05/05/12
Crackbaby
Stupid inflatable pants!
User Info.
Ask him if they're planning on coming to Europe.
05:02 AM on 05/05/12
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
User Info.
I think he's said before that he'll have most of a song written but won't know how to start it out and then he finds that the intro to some old song actually fits it really well so he works that into it. But I couldn't find that written anywhere so maybe that's not exactly true.

In this interview, Mike said that he sometimes practices with old lyrics when he's working on his vocal approach and then I guess they just stick.

Edit: Found a reference for the first thing I said. Basically, he has a hard time coming up with opening lines
That's really cool. I'll have to read those in a bit. Thanks.
05:22 AM on 05/05/12
ncave
sorrow of moldavia
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
do you feel like mewithoutyou has an expiration date? If so, would you ever pursue a solo career?
08:36 PM on 05/05/12
alchemist64
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Will y'all ever play the "In Bloom" cover this summer?
10:22 PM on 05/05/12
IceAge/HeatWave
it's never just the hefenrefer
User Info.
are there any acts you you would particularly like to work or tour with?
12:30 PM on 05/07/12
absolution
User Info.
what is your goal with putting out this album? if different, what is the band's goal for putting out this album? How did your time at the simple way inform your goals for the band?
07:05 AM on 05/25/12
Mykul237
User Info.
http://www.plyrics.com/lyrics/ladispute/apoem.html

Now that I try to research this, you're right, it doesn't come up anywhere else...apparently someone posted this without any basis. Thanks for the correction, though. And that was the one lyric website I thought I could trust. shame.
07:58 AM on 05/25/12
spangler789
User Info.
http://www.plyrics.com/lyrics/ladispute/apoem.html

Now that I try to research this, you're right, it doesn't come up anywhere else...apparently someone posted this without any basis. Thanks for the correction, though. And that was the one lyric website I thought I could trust. shame.
No problem. I prefer using SongMeanings for lyrics cause people edit them and usually talk about their interpretation. The lyrics aren't always 100% right but that's usually just because there are no officially released lyrics
05:17 PM on 06/01/12
Woodsy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ever consider coming to Christchurch, New Zealand?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests