AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 322
02:29 PM on 05/04/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
It never seemed like her and Trevor has much onstage chemistry. How much of that is due to her condition, I don't know.

I guess I wouldn't be surprised if they/he turned their/his back on her because of this.
02:30 PM on 05/04/12
Prae Omnia
User Info.
Everything just has to be messy nowadays...
02:30 PM on 05/04/12
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Then what would The Dangerous Summer do with their time?
Hangout on this site, and talk at the most inappropriate of times?
02:35 PM on 05/04/12
Mr. November
I won't fuck us over.
User Info.
I've got a pretty keen ear on music. What I'm saying is that there are a lot of bands today that I hear more about their inner bullshit than about the actual music they're creating. I'm sick of this Disney bullshit.

Whether I like He is We or not is irrelevant. But I can say that none of the actual bands that have made substantial music that has lasted has had the amount of gossipy bullshit some of these bands have in such a small time of their careers.

Saying "Quit" is just a hyperbolic way of me throwing my hands in the air.

Don't read too much into what you read on the Internet. It's bad for your health.

oh thanks for breaking it down for me, i didn't realize that you knew so much about "substantial music" and "actual bands" and the amounts of drama that surround them and how that influences their music, i feel much better now. also im not reading into things that much, i made a smart ass comment on an internet forum that literally took me less then 30 seconds to type up.

I would argue that, in instances like these, they certainly can handle it. I'm not saying she's wrong - but she could have spoken to the band, or mgmt. There's no indication in her tweets that she even tried. She could have released a statement - not a series of 50 tweets. She could have done many different things that would look less like "drama"

there is no indication that she didn't try to contact the band or mgmt
02:37 PM on 05/04/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
oh thanks for breaking it down for me, i didn't realize that you knew so much about "substantial music" and "actual bands" and the amounts of drama that surround them and how that influences their music, i feel much better now. also im not reading into things that much, i made a smart ass comment on an internet forum that literally took me less then 30 seconds to type up.

Right, but there's no indication that she is. For all we know, MGMT is reaching out to her and she's not picking up the phone, but tweeting for more drama instead.

I obviously don't know that, but it's just as possible.
02:38 PM on 05/04/12
Jason Tate
User Info.

Well, according to the email I got from their management when I sent the link to him ... there is indication they've been trying to get a hold of her right now, to apparently no avail.
02:38 PM on 05/04/12
PermanentTourists
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've got a pretty keen ear on music. What I'm saying is that there are a lot of bands today that I hear more about their inner bullshit than about the actual music they're creating. I'm sick of this Disney bullshit.

Whether I like He is We or not is irrelevant. But I can say that none of the actual bands that have made substantial music that has lasted has had the amount of gossipy bullshit some of these bands have in such a small time of their careers.

Don't read too much into what you read on the Internet. It's bad for your health.

You realize this "Disney bullshit" is someone's serious health condition? You're a good guy you should post more.
02:39 PM on 05/04/12
Mr. November
I won't fuck us over.
User Info.
Right, but there's no indication that she is. For all we know, MGMT is reaching out to her and she's not picking up the phone, but tweeting for more drama instead.

I obviously don't know that, but it's just as possible.
and it's just as possible that she is reaching out to mgmt and they aren't responding to her.

but of course we must assume she is tweeting for drama sakes, not because she wants fans to know about the situation or for any other purpose.

edit: disregard this post

Well, according to the email I got from their management when I sent the link to him ... there is indication they've been trying to get a hold of her right now, to apparently no avail.

so they are only trying to get ahold of her now that she knows about the situation? hmm can't really blame her for not wanting to talk to them.
02:41 PM on 05/04/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This kind of stuff bugs me. We'll never know the exact situation, but I have a REALLY hard time believing she was unaware of the situation.

Also, while I can appreciate a person's privacy during recovery, I see nothing wrong with the band stating her illness, and the severity of it. Like she said, she's on chemo - this is not a small matter. She's HALF of the band, and fans need to understand she'd be there if she could.

Final thought: I don't like when musicians publicly speak out against their bands. If anyone in a regular job did this, they would be fired immediately. If it tears her up so much, then quit; if she feels left out, or taken advantage of, quit. Otherwise, keep band drama internal.
02:41 PM on 05/04/12
cshadows2887
User Info.

Yeah man. The Beatles were so drama-free.
02:43 PM on 05/04/12
LivingTheLyrics
What you feel will rarely rhyme.
User Info.

That's cool then. I always feared it was some contrived philosophical thing lol.
02:43 PM on 05/04/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
and it's just as possible that she is reaching out to mgmt and they aren't responding to her.

but of course we must assume she is tweeting for drama sakes, not because she wants fans to know about the situation or for any other purpose.

so they are only trying to get ahold of her now that she knows about the situation? hmm can't really blame her for not wanting to talk to them.
No idea - he seemed completely confused by the email I sent him. I know they are trying to get a hold of her now though.

And she's choosing to ignore them.

https://twitter.com/rachelisagoober/...28378230423552

Which ... seems odd as she earlier said she wanted to "fix" things.
02:44 PM on 05/04/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.

FYI, you were wrong: https://twitter.com/rachelisagoober/...28378230423552
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
User Info.
This kind of stuff bugs me. We'll never know the exact situation, but I have a REALLY hard time believing she was unaware of the situation.

Also, while I can appreciate a person's privacy during recovery, I see nothing wrong with the band stating her illness, and the severity of it. Like she said, she's on chemo - this is not a small matter. She's HALF of the band, and fans need to understand she'd be there if she could.

Final thought: I don't like when musicians publicly speak out against their bands. If anyone in a regular job did this, they would be fired immediately. If it tears her up so much, then quit; if she feels left out, or taken advantage of, quit. Otherwise, keep band drama internal.
She kind of isnt in the band at all anymore. Jesus dude she has a serious fucking illness. Have some sense.
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.

Man. I love the Internet!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests