Romaaaaaaa
Male - 23 Years Old
I always considered this their "Brand New trying to be post-hardcore" record
03:38 PM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
ThisIsNotDan
MA
Male - 23 Years Old
I see what Steve's saying about having a similar vibe to TDAG sort of, but I feel like Daisy is much more unemotional and not as well-produced
03:44 PM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
Coloso
hey
Romaaaaaaa
Male - 23 Years Old
I see what Steve's saying about having a similar vibe to TDAG sort of, but I feel like Daisy is much more unemotional and not as well-produced

how so?
you realize that what you might think is "not well produced" is probably intentional, right? ... a less shiny production than TDAG? it complements the more aggressive atmosphere of this, I think. Don't you think a track like "Vices" would just sound silly with the production qualities of "Jesus Christ"?
03:45 PM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
xJesusFreakx
duh please
PA
Male - 25 Years Old
indeed, they definitely sharpened the sound they were going for on M/M, but Beggars is definitely heavily influenced by it. Reminds me of Soundgarden with less metal influence

I've really never associated Beggars with a 90s sound. The vibe I've always gotten was more so In Rainbows Radiohead and late 80s U2 with punk roots.
03:46 PM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
ThisIsNotDan
MA
Male - 23 Years Old
how so?
you realize that what you might think is "not well produced" is probably intentional, right? ... a less shiny production than TDAG? it complements the more aggressive atmosphere of this, I think. Don't you think a track like "Vices" would just sound silly with the production qualities of "Jesus Christ"?

yes I know this. I didn't say it was a bad thing that it wasn't as well-produced
03:48 PM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
wroteurname
Registered Loser
ROCKville, CT
Male - 26 Years Old
how so?
There's a difference between aggressive and muddy/flat.
03:53 PM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
jawstheme
I'm not here. This isn't happening.
Pennsylvania
Male
Yeah this thread got pretty retarded.
03:54 PM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
Coloso
hey
Romaaaaaaa
Male - 23 Years Old
yes I know this. I didn't say it was a bad thing that it wasn't as well-produced

doesn't not well produced denote it being "bad"... ? I don't understand... "not well" is "bad," right? what did you mean then?
03:55 PM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
Coloso
hey
Romaaaaaaa
Male - 23 Years Old
Moreso the voice. I mean I was never a big Thrice fan til I heard Beggars but I always associated them with more shitty 2000s post hardcore nonsense because of TAITA, so when I heard the vocals on Beggars I was impressed.

Even though I'm still not the biggest Thrice fan I'd like to take this opportunity to back this post
03:56 PM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
Theseventhson
NY
Male - 22 Years Old
the production is bad, and it's not because it's not as hi-fi as The Devil and God.
03:57 PM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
ThisIsNotDan
MA
Male - 23 Years Old
doesn't not well produced denote it being "bad"... ? I don't understand... "not well" is "bad," right? what did you mean then?

I meant more "clean" production I guess. poor word choice. whatever
04:02 PM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
Mr. November
I won't fuck us over.
Windsor, OH
Male
You guys are cute when you fight
04:04 PM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
xJesusFreakx
duh please
PA
Male - 25 Years Old
Moreso the voice. I mean I was never a big Thrice fan til I heard Beggars but I always associated them with more shitty 2000s post hardcore nonsense because of TAITA, so when I heard the vocals on Beggars I was impressed.

Beggars definitely was Dustin's best vocally. I still love Artist, but his voice is vastly better now than it was then.
04:06 PM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
St. Louis, MO
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
The production is bad. Just because they were going for less polished sound doesn't make it good
04:11 PM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
wroteurname
Registered Loser
ROCKville, CT
Male - 26 Years Old
The production on In The Aeroplane Over The Sea is purposely not polished and it sounds great.
-lunchforthesky

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version