You should take some time to study

hole*
09:59 AM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
Regards
The Silver Shore
Wisconsin
Male - 25 Years Old
If you haven't, Friday Night Lights, but out of the list you mentioned, I would go Mad Men or Lost.
10:05 AM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
facebook.com/comedyfiends
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
Yeah, absolutely Friday Night Lights first. There's no question. Just didn't mention that because it wasn't on the list.
11:16 AM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
_veges_
Alright from all the advice here it sounds like I'm going to go through Firefly just because it will probably take me about a week then I can move on. After that I'm not so sure probably The Wire or Friday Night Lights because it's being suggested so much. I am a little reluctant to watch Buffy just because it would take me so long to watch seven seasons and a spin off series
11:19 AM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
Alright from all the advice here it sounds like I'm going to go through Firefly just because it will probably take me about a week then I can move on. After that I'm not so sure probably The Wire or Friday Night Lights because it's being suggested so much. I am a little reluctant to watch Buffy just because it would take me so long to watch seven seasons and a spin off series

What's your history with Whedon programs? If you don't have one, then I wouldn't really worry about hesitance towards a 12-season commitment, because once you finish Firefly, you'll want to take in everything he's created ASAP afterwards.
11:33 AM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
_veges_
What's your history with Whedon programs? If you don't have one, then I wouldn't really worry about hesitance towards a 12-season commitment, because once you finish Firefly, you'll want to take in everything he's created ASAP afterwards.
I'm not really familiar with him at all (this is really the first year I've been into TV as much as I am now so this is me catching up on the best stuff). I wouldn't be surprised if I do end up wanting to do that but I know it will just be devastating when I do finish 12 seasons after presumably loving it and then it all being over
11:38 AM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
I'm not really familiar with him at all (this is really the first year I've been into TV as much as I am now so this is me catching up on the best stuff). I wouldn't be surprised if I do end up wanting to do that but I know it will just be devastating when I do finish 12 seasons after presumably loving it and then it all being over

Ha, shit, man. I was in your spot a year or two ago, and it's incredibly overwhelming at first. There's so much 'must-watch' programming to weed through. Honestly, just go with your gut in this case. Everybody's going to have differing opinions, but in reality, you're going to have a fucking blast watching any of these shows, because they'd all make a top 30 list of best shows ever.

Testing pilots is a good way to decide what you should watch next. I can guarantee if you watch the pilot of three or four of these shows, how you feel about them afterwards will be a much more successful way of gauging what you should watch then polling an Internet forum. Just my two cents, though. Enjoy the ride.
11:45 AM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
_veges_
Ha, shit, man. I was in your spot a year or two ago, and it's incredibly overwhelming at first. There's so much 'must-watch' programming to weed through. Honestly, just go with your gut in this case. Everybody's going to have differing opinions, but in reality, you're going to have a fucking blast watching any of these shows, because they'd all make a top 30 list of best shows ever.

Testing pilots is a good way to decide what you should watch next. I can guarantee if you watch the pilot of three or four of these shows, how you feel about them afterwards will be a much more successful way of gauging what you should watch then polling an Internet forum. Just my two cents, though. Enjoy the ride.
Yeah I've been doing a good job keeping up with sitcoms but this is the first year I'm interested in non-comedies. The pilot thing is a really good idea. I know I'll probably end up watching all these shows it's just a matter of timing, which this thread has been very helpful for
12:20 PM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
Regards
The Silver Shore
Wisconsin
Male - 25 Years Old
Friday Night Lights ends up being on of the best time investments you'll make. Promise :)
05:45 PM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
williek311
Richmond, VA
Male - 27 Years Old
Lost sucks, watch The Wire.
05:47 PM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
stayillogical
She's a marshmallow
Providence, RI
Female - 25 Years Old
Other: Veronica Mars
05:48 PM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
_veges_
Well Firefly was definitely a good place to start, after the hour and a half pilot I'm hooked
05:53 PM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
drewinseries
Fight to get it back again.
Boston, MA
Male - 23 Years Old
Lost, Mad Men, or Battlestar Galatica. I just finished BSG and I loved it. The Wire is next on my list.
05:53 PM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
Oshawa, Ontario
Male - 20 Years Old
Yes. I finally watched it earlier this year and it is now definitely one of my top 15 TV series.
05:58 PM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
Lost, Wire, Community

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music