Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

He Is We, Her, or Him?

Posted by: Jack Appleby (05/07/12)
This whole situation regarding He Is We seems to be rapidly getting out of hand. Both sides have taken to Twitter in a very public social media war, and it isn't pretty. I'm hoping for all parties involved to take a step back and figure things out, for the good of everyone involved. Read some thoughts on the situation via my blog.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 68
09:05 AM on 05/07/12
hisandherpes
User Info.
I think it's very difficult not to side with Rachel.

#teamrachel
09:10 AM on 05/07/12
cwhit412
User Info.

#teamrachel
pretty much.
09:16 AM on 05/07/12
dashboardkid88
RVA
User Info.

#teamrachel

Agreed.
09:20 AM on 05/07/12
crutchfield
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

In fact the other members should be ashamed of themselves.
09:23 AM on 05/07/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

#teamrachel

In fact the other members should be ashamed of themselves.

Hey fellas, we just curious if you read the post.

My whole point was to show equal evidence that everyone has acted both right and wrong, and we shouldn't take sides.

Kinda sucked to see a hashtag in the first comment, when basically my whole article is trying to stop that.
09:26 AM on 05/07/12
VeryWittyName
User Info.
It's all about the He-Is-We-said, she-said bullshit.
09:27 AM on 05/07/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's all about the He-Is-We-said, she-said bullshit.
You're a genius. God, I wish I had thought of that for a headline.
09:27 AM on 05/07/12
darkblue_
User Info.
cool.
09:29 AM on 05/07/12
Xiegfried
Reconnect This
User Info.
I don't see how anyone could be mean to Rachel. She seems like such a sweetheart and the idea of giving all of her songs away to some other girl who has no real relation to the band is the worst thing they could have done. If it was someone who Rachel knew and was able to relate to, then yeah, get them in with Rachel's blessing. Tossing someone in without asking Rachel about it is ridiculous and almost heartless.
09:32 AM on 05/07/12
hisandherpes
User Info.

My whole point was to show equal evidence that everyone has acted both right and wrong, and we shouldn't take sides.

Kinda sucked to see a hashtag in the first comment, when basically my whole article is trying to stop that.

Yeah, that's why I did it. Neither side should have taken to social media about this but it is 2012. Based solely off what happened with this tour, you can't help but feel bad for Rachel who has been ripped away from her baby just like you mentioned.
09:34 AM on 05/07/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah, that's why I did it. Neither side should have taken to social media about this but it is 2012. Based solely off what happened with this tour, you can't help but feel bad for Rachel who has been ripped away from her baby just like you mentioned.
I absolutely feel bad for Rachel. I can't imagine what I would do if I lost the ability to write or play basketball, my two passions.

I just don't really think the year is an excuse for public action. Plenty of bands are able to carry their drama without tweeting. Pete and Patrick have both admitted Fall Out Boy "broke up" numerous times - we were all none the wiser. That's what I hope for.

I think the hashtagging just ensures that Rachel will never be a part of He Is We again. Everyone claims to support her through thick and thin, but by hashtagging and berating the current band, fans separate her from them even more.
09:39 AM on 05/07/12
dashboardkid88
RVA
User Info.

I liked your whole article about it. It's a shame that this is going on because I have liked this band for a few years now and was excited to see them starting to get big. I don't really know who is in the wrong but I just feel bad for Rachel and hope she recovers soon.
09:39 AM on 05/07/12
blessphemy
User Info.
i for one am upset i dont know what either parties had for breakfast today!

sorry for the troll i just..sorry :-D

for the record im with Rachel.
09:40 AM on 05/07/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
Trevor is a dick and I support Rachel.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates