AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Streaming News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 50.
05:39 PM on 05/07/12
TGinTexas
User Info.
This album is going to be great. In my opinion House of Heroes is one of the most consistent bands I've ever heard
05:44 PM on 05/07/12
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
The Walkmen, Jukebox The Ghost, Motion City Soundtrack, The Tallest Man On Earth.

Ah. Metacrtic didn't have MCS. Not familiar with any of those others though.

Still should be more than enough to last the rest of June/start of July though. Especially with Capital Lights new album coming out the following week (This Is An Outrage! was criminally underrated (or rather ignored. most of who I saw rate it liked it). Album certainly has a high likelihood to be 'most disappointing' this year given I get the feeling they are only recording out of contractual obligations, but if its anything like their first release I'll be a happy camper).

Either way, its gonna be a good summer. Might even top last years excellent output when the dust all settles.
05:49 PM on 05/07/12
cgant5316
User Info.
cannot wait
05:54 PM on 05/07/12
moneymaker.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
that was pretty good! better than i thought it would be.
06:37 PM on 05/07/12
harley7733
Reluctant Registered User
User Info.
Never listened to them before. Time to do some backtracking and check them out.
Start with Say No More.
06:38 PM on 05/07/12
harley7733
Reluctant Registered User
User Info.
Love this song, digging the heavy vibe of the new stuff. I've never heard Tim's voice do some of the stuff on this song, and that's coming from a long time fan.
06:52 PM on 05/07/12
cwhit412
User Info.
Ah. Metacrtic didn't have MCS. Not familiar with any of those others though.

Still should be more than enough to last the rest of June/start of July though. Especially with Capital Lights new album coming out the following week (This Is An Outrage! was criminally underrated (or rather ignored. most of who I saw rate it liked it). Album certainly has a high likelihood to be 'most disappointing' this year given I get the feeling they are only recording out of contractual obligations, but if its anything like their first release I'll be a happy camper).

Either way, its gonna be a good summer. Might even top last years excellent output when the dust all settles.
Whoa, new Capital Lights? holy shit, I remember those guys.
Jukebox The Ghost is awesome. check out the new song "Somebody".
06:57 PM on 05/07/12
spansen
and then what happens?
User Info.
This sounds great. I'm excited.
07:01 PM on 05/07/12
MyJukeboxBroke
I need a Couch
User Info.
07:04 PM on 05/07/12
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
Whoa, new Capital Lights? holy shit, I remember those guys.
Jukebox The Ghost is awesome. check out the new song "Somebody".
Yeah. I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes too high for it because I don't honestly see them coming out with something nearly as good... but if they manage somehow...

I will have to check out Jukebox the Ghost. I'm generally a fan of the NOUN the BAND bands (Cage the Elephant and Young the Giant are both awesome. Walk the Moon impressed me when I saw 'em open for Kaiser Chiefs, though need to check out more. Foster the People is alright too). Not that any of those guys even really sound alike, it just is a sign of a good trend =P
07:09 PM on 05/07/12
cwhit412
User Info.
Yeah. I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes too high for it because I don't honestly see them coming out with something nearly as good... but if they manage somehow...

I will have to check out Jukebox the Ghost. I'm generally a fan of the NOUN the BAND bands (Cage the Elephant and Young the Giant are both awesome. Walk the Moon impressed me when I saw 'em open for Kaiser Chiefs, though need to check out more. Foster the People is alright too). Not that any of those guys even really sound alike, it just is a sign of a good trend =P
It's really quirky piano based pop-rock. Their last album ruled, and this album looks to be even better. the new album is my avatar, by the way.
07:48 PM on 05/07/12
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
this song is so great live!
07:50 PM on 05/07/12
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
This album is going to be great. In my opinion House of Heroes is one of the most consistent bands I've ever heard
YES
07:51 PM on 05/07/12
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
Never listened to them before. Time to do some backtracking and check them out.
Yes, start with Say No More, but focus on The End is Not End, and enjoy the splendiforous summer-fun of Suburba
08:17 PM on 05/07/12
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not really digging anything on this album I've heard so far. Hope it's a grower.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests