It was my birth given name. I know, I am original.
2. How did this band get started?
I was in a bunch of different bands and then decided to do a solo project.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks, James Taylor, The Beatles, Jimmy Eat World and Death Cab For Cutie.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks, The Beatles, No Doubt, Jimmy Eat World or DCFC. Aside from writing amazing music, there is a lot of history with Fleetwood Mac and The Beatles. It would be awesome to see first hand the trials and tribulations, success and failures they went through. It's amazing that Fleetwood Mac is still a band after everything they've endured and that just shows how much they love music. Touring with bands like No Doubt, Jimmy Eat World and Death Cab would honestly just fulfill a childhood dream. I grew up going to see Jimmy Eat World and Death Cab. Watching their journey from touring small bars to where they are now has kept me encouraged.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Anything healthy. Sitting in a van/car/planes doesn't do anything for your d'rear. I find trying to eat healthy not only gives you more energy but also keeps you healthy on the road which is key. Fruit, fruit snacks, raw almonds, mangos, salad, oatmeal and of course green tea or coffee. I am not much of a coffee drinker, but once I am on tour it becomes a habit.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Why not. Why shouldn't they? I honestly don't think it hurts to give music a chance for 10 seconds. If you hate my voice or the style, then onto the next. No harm, no foul.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
I wouldn't, however I would like to change places with Victoria Beckham for a day. Just saying.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
I would thank my mom, fans/supporters, friends who have been supportive, my producer Matt Appleton and of course Absolute Punk! Anyone who has ever given a damn.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
That people who are talented singer/songwriters or in great indie bands would have the opportunity to be heard on the radio and perform at large festivals without needing massive marketing behind them. The "undiscovered" stage would be just that, not up and coming artists who have major support of record labels or tons of money. Regardless of if they had that support, if they where talented enough they would get that chance.
10. Memorable tour experience?
There are so many....touring with my best friends band Crash Boom Bang has to take the cake. Its the people that make the places, and the people you tour with that help make the best memories.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Its a great site with great users who really care about music. I have discovered new bands through this site and it always offers the latest news.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
All Time Low.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
South of France.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Motown music, MxPx, Everclear, James Taylor, The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Diana Ross, Madonna, Aerosmith, Coolio. I had an 8 track in my basement so disco and the '80s played a huge role.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The ability to heal people. I have seen what cancer and other illnesses can do to people. If I had the power to take pain away, that would be an amazing gift. Since I do not have that gift I try to write music that people can relate to and enjoy.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Breathing. Its easy to get anxious and tense. That and to tune-up the ole guitar.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I am a tom boy.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
A lot of it is garbage. However, there are those stations that do break boundaries and support great artists. I think anyone could flourish with the right name and amount of money backing you.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Play soccer, go snowboarding, hang out with friends, write, paint and travel. I am always planning whats next.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I enjoy art and have my degree in it. I love to draw and paint. I also enjoy writing and design.
I wasn't aware she put out a third full length. Why the hell wasn't it reviewed on here?! I'm lovin' what I'm hearin' so far off of Itunes. I'm well aware Stacy will probably read this at some point, so I just want to say, Stacy, you are absolutely beautiful, and so is your voice, please continue making music.