Username
Password
ABSOLUTExclusive News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 62.
11:52 PM on 05/07/12
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
Their new single was a partial letdown, for me.
01:19 AM on 05/08/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Heh Vagrant Stories...

Holy crap, didn't even get that reference until now. I never got around to beating that game, really wish I did.
01:22 AM on 05/08/12
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Liked the crown artwork better.. Still stoked for this.
01:46 AM on 05/08/12
crazytoledo
Addicted to slurpees
User Info.
I guess I don't "get" metal/screamo. How is the same site that bashes bands like OM&M and every other Rise band but is "happy to premiere" stuff by these guys?

I mean didn't these guys do a shitty metal cover of "I"m on a Boat" just like all the other shitty bands like this?

Well these guys are in no way metal, nor screamo.

Also the cover was intentionally bad to an extent. The auto tune on the cover was only used because the original had T-Pain and the song itself was a joke. Of course they kind of got forced into putting it into the set considering a lot of kids liked it and when they opened tours if the kids hadn't heard of them it worked there.
02:09 AM on 05/08/12
icynova
Love is easier made than kept!
User Info.
The lead singer keeps tweeting that "people who liked Kingdoms are going to hate this album." I really hope that's not true.
04:39 AM on 05/08/12
Ohaidere
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I like the album art, but the song titles are meh. This band overall is just OK to me to begin with.
04:39 AM on 05/08/12
cowlord
stahp
User Info.
Holy shit that artwork is awesome haha
05:07 AM on 05/08/12
B.Leibo
User Info.
I'm not going to lie, I was disappointed AT FIRST with Vagrant Stories... mainly because I was comparing it to Kingdoms... You can't do that... this is an entirely different entity of it's own. I think its good they aren't sticking with the same concept as most band's do, releasing the same sounding album year after year... but rather are testing the waters, especially with Fowler departing. Vagrant Stories has grown on me and I'm going to approach this album with a positive attitude until I can hear it through and through.
05:19 AM on 05/08/12
Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
cannot wait
05:36 AM on 05/08/12
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
User Info.
I hope this is at least decent. I have been waiting a long time for this.
05:50 AM on 05/08/12
Mishiesings
User Info.
Well these guys are in no way metal, nor screamo.

Also the cover was intentionally bad to an extent. The auto tune on the cover was only used because the original had T-Pain and the song itself was a joke. Of course they kind of got forced into putting it into the set considering a lot of kids liked it and when they opened tours if the kids hadn't heard of them it worked there.
Thank you. How does no one see the difference between that song and Kingdoms? I guess we didn't help with that being the last thing we put out in 2 years... Must've looked like we were heading in that direction.

Ooops =)
05:55 AM on 05/08/12
Mishiesings
User Info.
I'll agree I wasn't sold on Vagrant Stories when the released it... And I can't say I'm a fan of the track titles "Party at Sean's House" and "I am not a Rock Star." Although, I'm really stoked to hear "Lawyered," which I'm assuming is a How I Met Your Mother reference, which is awesome.

But, regardless of my opinion about one or two track titles and the anticipated change of their overall sound, I'm still excited for this album. I really dug Kingdoms, so I'm sure I'll get into this one after a few listens if not immediately.
Now that I think about it, those do sound downright awful out of context. "Party At Sean's" is basically the only thing my group of friends ever texted each other when I was 18. His house, and my experiences there became synonymous with my idea of "home" and my teenage life. The song is about how much I miss all that.

"I Am Not A Rockstar" is a tongue-in-cheek song about scene band fame from the point of view of the singer. Since I wanted to make it clear, that I wasn't being serious, and the song is not about me, I stated so in the title.

Hope you don't hold em against us haha
05:58 AM on 05/08/12
samgasm
Young And Aspiring
User Info.
All I can think of is:

Good ol' Tekken.

Thissssss!
06:35 AM on 05/08/12
B.Leibo
User Info.
Now that I think about it, those do sound downright awful out of context. "Party At Sean's" is basically the only thing my group of friends ever texted each other when I was 18. His house, and my experiences there became synonymous with my idea of "home" and my teenage life. The song is about how much I miss all that.

"I Am Not A Rockstar" is a tongue-in-cheek song about scene band fame from the point of view of the singer. Since I wanted to make it clear, that I wasn't being serious, and the song is not about me, I stated so in the title.

Hope you don't hold em against us haha

Considering that a lot of the song titles on Kingdoms were tounge-in-cheek I assumed they were somewhat "sarcastic" and never took them seriously.
07:18 AM on 05/08/12
dmcaloon
www.facebook.com/The30thOfFebruary
User Info.
I loved that cover of I'm on a Boat. I mean, how much can you really do with a song like that? It's gonna sound like a joke no matter what.

I'm indifferent towards the artwork, I can overlook the song titles, and I don't mind the style change. Kingdoms was one of my favorite albums, but since most of what I love about Broadway is still there, I believe I'll love this album, no matter how long it may take.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS