AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 13 posts.
01:14 PM on 05/08/12
cwhit412
User Info.
“There’s very little editing done to the drums,” he continues. “Every hit you hear is real, and most people will be able to tell. There is no form of pitch correction on the vocals.”

Well maybe you should have sprung for drum editing and pitch correction. Wouldn't be so bad if you did.
01:22 PM on 05/08/12
cwhit412
User Info.
Cmon cwhit. They were on a low budget. Can't fault them.
so punx
03:06 PM on 05/08/12
cwhit412
User Info.

Shitty music is automatically better if you do nothing to make it better!
03:28 PM on 05/08/12
cwhit412
User Info.
Because they really need vocal and drum corrections...

lol

Vocal, yes, they aren't good and are immediately offputting.
03:57 PM on 05/08/12
cwhit412
User Info.
Eh, I don't think it's really necessary. Obviously it would sound better with all that shit, but you make it sound like it's terrible without it.

c'mon cwhit.

But it is :/
Cmon jewgirl
04:13 PM on 05/08/12
cwhit412
User Info.

How was I not chilled at all? I gave a perfectly reasonable response to why its not ery good.
04:48 PM on 05/08/12
cwhit412
User Info.
I don't care if you like it or not. Sarah has a name.
I've known her for longer than you have, and back when we made a Facebook group at Christmas of...either 09 or '10, that was our thing. we were both Jewish, so I always called her jewgirl.

I wasn't the not chill one.
04:49 PM on 05/08/12
cwhit412
User Info.
Doubt he's talking about the songs and he's most likely responding to you "cwhiting" Sarah for no reason. #whatididthere
not the definition of cwhitting. please don't use it if you don't know.
also, read my description above.
04:49 PM on 05/08/12
cwhit412
User Info.
pretty sure that's his gimmick.

cwhit gets off on making people mad.
it's so funny seeing people get mad on the internet.
04:55 PM on 05/08/12
cwhit412
User Info.
The drums are off, which is the first thing I noticed. Whatever, that's what first EPs are. Mine at 17 wasn't much better/was probably worse.
Well, then don't brag about it being "unedited" makes it better. From the statements, it makes it seem that because it's off he takes more pride in it. You should be going for the best overall product, even if it takes some editing.
05:18 PM on 05/08/12
cwhit412
User Info.
Most kids with guitars and Mommy and Daddy's help start a band and produce the shit out of everything. There's 17 and 16 year olds with bands who have the production level of huge bands. And for that, they trick people into thinking they're musicians for having some generic, boring song that's overproduced, which they probably can't even play live. So it's kinda refreshing to have some kid do it the way it should be, and also, I find music is way less transparent if what's on the record is what you're going to get live, especially this type of music. It's obvious that Vito didn't put any money in this, and that Bran probably worked to pay for studio time, and from experience, I can tell you that all those drum editors and pitch change and mastering and whatever cost a lot, especially for some kids in high school.

I'm not gonna lie and say that I'm in love with this record or that it's great, but I'd much rather listen to this than some band who has the same production level as NFG or TWY and then when I end up seeing them, they sound like pure shit.
I can still get behind IWAH because I know they'll eventually make something of themselves.
I don't see why you'd rather listen to music that doesn't sound good than music that does.
05:24 PM on 05/08/12
cwhit412
User Info.
Generally overproduced music is bad though.

It's not like they're some ambient post-hardcore or whatever, this isn't the type of music that calls for really high end production. Plus, I'm guessing their budget was pretty small, so you can't really hold it against them.
He could at least do the best he can to have a non sloppy sound. If you have a sloppy sound, there really isn't a point of listening, when there's hundreds of band that do the same thing but actually correctly.
05:25 PM on 05/08/12
cwhit412
User Info.
Apology if I jumped the "JewGirl" comment without knowing the history ... My bad.

You know thats normally not my style and you know I wouldn't attack anyones song opinions. I like the dialog and want to hear what people don't like.

I feel the band put out the best possible sounding record they could with the resources they had.

Carry on ..
no worries. it did come off a little harsh.

i really don't think you'd say otherwise however.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests