Username
Password

Album Review - Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 490.
11:43 AM on 10/23/07
cora_ann
Like a skeptic to the sky
User Info.
Excellent review! I agree that it would have been nice to get some more Anthony Green vocals, but I think this is my new favorite album. The more I listen, the more I become addicted.

Side note- I like Haylie's parts, but I kind of wish she would have put more energy into her vocals. I really like church channel though. Max's quirkiness is fully displayed with, "They gave us markers but I kept trying to draw infinity," which made me laugh.
11:43 AM on 10/23/07
Jason Tate
User Info.
Why don't you review stuff any more Jason?

You used to only do it for your favorite albums... now you never do. You have to get back into the game of reviewing, it used to be that those were the only ones I did read.
So little time - and so much drama. It's hard to get in the mood to review an album knowing I'll then have to spend the rest of the day defending it.

I just don't have the time right now to do that sorta thing. That's why I post all my thoughts in my blog ... so hopefully people can get some of my thoughts on stuff.
11:44 AM on 10/23/07
BigMouthStrikes
What's up with Swarley?
User Info.
Great review, you've made me even more excited for this album, i don't know if there's a uk release date yet though :(
11:57 AM on 10/23/07
d is for dru
User Info.
I really wasn't expecting to much from this album, seriously, wow I thought they would run dry with ideas, but this album is just a fresh portion of music to get me out of my musical rut.
11:59 AM on 10/23/07
AEast317
x x x
User Info.
good review drew!
12:00 PM on 10/23/07
Branevember31
Eric
User Info.
good review...i would say its about a 90-93. i think the vocals are way better this album than there last and the only song i dont enjoy is Died A Jew.

I happen to love the Hangover Song too haha
12:02 PM on 10/23/07
verita
Registered Abuser
User Info.
I'm glad we have you around to tell us what deserve what. And here I thought this was my website and my decision.

of course it's your decision, i'm not trying to say it isn't. i'm just saying that things like this make it difficult to take it as seriously as it could be. and when you attack people for giving their opinions, it alienates a lot of potential readers/contributors and results in a much less diverse range of viewpoints. of course it's your site and ultimately your decision, i'm just trying to give another point of view. and i think when something becomes as big as this site is, it belongs to the people who read it and contribute to a certain extent too. that's all i'm saying... no need for sarcasm
12:06 PM on 10/23/07
Until The Bombs
@_johnleary
User Info.
oh god. it starts again.
12:08 PM on 10/23/07
ci1025
chris
User Info.
of course it's your decision, i'm not trying to say it isn't. i'm just saying that things like this make it difficult to take it as seriously as it could be. and when you attack people for giving their opinions, it alienates a lot of potential readers/contributors and results in a much less diverse range of viewpoints. of course it's your site and ultimately your decision, i'm just trying to give another point of view. and i think when something becomes as big as this site is, it belongs to the people who read it and contribute to a certain extent too. that's all i'm saying... no need for sarcasm

Agreed.
12:08 PM on 10/23/07
BigbOYALA
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
....Is A Real Boy is one of my favorite albums of all time. But you've been seriously duped by the hype machine if you think this album is anywhere close to the best of this year.
12:09 PM on 10/23/07
Jason Tate
User Info.
of course it's your decision, i'm not trying to say it isn't.

The implication was certainly there.

i'm just saying that things like this make it difficult to take it as seriously as it could be.

That's your decision. Plenty still take "it" seriously.

and when you attack people for giving their opinions, it alienates a lot of potential readers/contributors and results in a much less diverse range of viewpoints.

Asking someone to back up their opinion and trying to figure out the "why" -- is not banning. If people don't come back that is on them. People attack me in far more vicious manners - and I still return. The power is in the user, not me.

of course it's your site and ultimately your decision, i'm just trying to give another point of view. and i think when something becomes as big as this site is, it belongs to the people who read it and contribute to a certain extent too. that's all i'm saying... no need for sarcasm

And people are allowed to comment as much as they want -- no one is stopping them from that. If people can't back up their opinions, they don't hold them as strongly as they think. Simple as that.
12:10 PM on 10/23/07
Jason Tate
User Info.
....Is A Real Boy is one of my favorite albums of all time. But you've been seriously duped by the hype machine if you think this album is anywhere close to the best of this year.
I have somehow duped myself? What? That sure is a pretty impressive feat.
12:12 PM on 10/23/07
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
...Is a Real Boy was my favorite album in years, but this is still great. I'm already in love with it.
12:15 PM on 10/23/07
verita
Registered Abuser
User Info.
Asking someone to back up their opinion and trying to figure out the "why" -- is not banning. If people don't come back that is on them. People attack me in far more vicious manners - and I still return. The power is in the user, not me... And people are allowed to comment as much as they want -- no one is stopping them from that. If people can't back up their opinions, they don't hold them as strongly as they think. Simple as that.

True, but it's not always about backing up opinions... i've seen plenty of people with valid subjective opinions (which can't always be backed up... sometimes you just either like something or you don't) torn apart for having a different perspective, or just replied to with a sarcastic response that implies that their input isn't welcome here. It's one thing when it comes from another user, but administrators/moderators in general are held to a higher standard of objectivity, impartiality and respecting the opinions of the users, even when they disagree. Saying "Gee, thanks, we realllllly value your input" and then posting a rolling-eyes smiley face isn't respecting.
12:17 PM on 10/23/07
tofast4u0609
User Info.
im a little let down by some of the guest vocals on the album, i mean "this is fucking ecstasy" barely even makes room for raneri...but in addition i think a lot of the songs that feature guest vocalists SOUND like songs by that artist (i.e. surgically removing the tracking device sounds tbs-esque and in defense of the genre could definitely be an old MCR song) makes you wonder if the songs were initially written with intent to have these guests or maybe upon hearing them they decided hm adam lazarra would fit perfectly here
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests