Username
Password
Release Date News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Release Date
Inside AP.net

Broadway Album Pushed Back

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (05/09/12)
Broadway's upcoming album, Gentleman's Brawl, has been pushed back to June 19 from its original May 22 release date.
StatementOriginally, Gentlemen's Brawl was slated as a digital only release for May 22nd since that when we had announced the date we hadn't sent the record around to anyone, had no tour plans and was just super anxious to get the music out to all of you. We couldn't go with a full release because stores will not buy units from distributors for a band that quite frankly, hasn't toured nor has had any music released in such a long period of time.

After sending the record around we were getting amazing feedback, tours started lining up and everything was falling into place. A week or so ago we were offered to put the record out physically to coincide with the digital release, the only catch was that we had to push the date back a few weeks. The process in which it takes to get an album in stores is around 90 days from inception to shelves, that process is being cut in half by all the hard work being put forth by our distributor, management and label.

This was a great opportunity that we could not pass up as it will allow us to tour longer, support ourselves longer and get in front as many people as possible in support of Gentlemen's Brawl.

With that being said we know you have all been waiting what seems like a decade for this record and we appreciate all your love, support and above all patience when it comes to releasing Gentlemen's Brawl.

We were originally only going to release Vagrant Stories before the record came out but since we are delaying it a few weeks, we will premiere two new songs off the record prior to it being released.

We can't thank you enough for your understanding and can't wait to share this with you!

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
06:00 AM on 05/09/12
dmcaloon
www.facebook.com/The30thOfFebruary
User Info.
It's worth it as long as there are some physical copies that I'll be able to get. Also stoked to see them touring again. At least this isn't getting pushed back because they don't know anything about the process of the album. It's done and this is bound to be the final date.
06:10 AM on 05/09/12
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
User Info.
Can't hate on this. Its recorded and has to come out sooner than later so that's all that matters to me.
06:31 AM on 05/09/12
B.Leibo
User Info.
Sleeping with Sirens said the other day: "Well, there's another U.S. tour we're doing a few months after Warped Tour; I can't really talk about it too much, but it's a tour fans have wanted for a long time, and that should probably be a hint enough, since it's a band that they've been pushing for us to go on tour with." ...and now Broadway is pushing the album back for a tour... I mean I know Misha said they'd probably never tour with SWS... but I can't imagine who else it would be. O_o
06:55 AM on 05/09/12
WeWereGiants
Cold hands, Lips blue
User Info.
That kinda sucks. Will order a physical copy now though
07:22 AM on 05/09/12
Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i wanted my physical copy, now im gettin one =D
08:26 AM on 05/09/12
xName Takenx
User Info.
smart move! i'm willing to wait!
08:28 AM on 05/09/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Was going to say "Are you fucking kidding me?!" after reading the headline but after reading the article that's what I would have said if after waiting all this time there was only a digital release. I'll gladly wait.
08:47 AM on 05/09/12
ThereWeWere
User Info.
Don't see how this works. The drummer for Broadway is playing Warped all summer with Memphis May Fire and I can't imagine them not touring right after Warped
10:06 AM on 05/09/12
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
I was like this :( but after reading I can get a physical I'm like this :)
10:32 AM on 05/09/12
D' Evils
User Info.
these fucks are worst than dre and detox
12:09 PM on 05/09/12
Prae Omnia
User Info.
Well at least they're telling us this time, but I still won't be surprised if we're still waiting on this album in May 2013.
12:25 PM on 05/09/12
werealldudes19
I'm best known for failure
User Info.
be good and I don't care
06:09 PM on 05/09/12
rocknroll365
rocknroll365
User Info.
not really holding my breath for this to be the final push back. but good for them if what they're saying is true.
06:47 PM on 05/10/12
Ashur
Shitty musician.
User Info.
Good for them, I completely understand and agree on their decision.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests