Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 358.
12:30 PM on 05/10/12
schlotty
See you later, Joben!
User Info.
You could put Transatlanticism on there too.
12:31 PM on 05/10/12
brookssurrender
User Info.

still sounds as fresh today as it did 20 years ago.
georgedcc
User Info.
Could you not make an argument that most of those albums are 'classic' already? I'd definitely say that Kid A, The Low End Theory and Parklife would already count as classics. I'd agree with all your choices though.

Anyway, I'll try and answer.

Muse - Absolution
The album that really broke them and made them 'supermassive'. You could maybe argue that Black Holes was equally important, but I think Absolution is a much better album. I really hope they do a 10 year anniversary show for this, like they did for Origin Of Symmetry

65daysofstatic - We Were Exploding Anyway
A much more recent album, so this may be controversial. I don't know what genre you'd call this band, post-rock or electronica doesn't really fit and instrumental is too vague, but I think it's an absolute masterpiece and one that I hope will go down as a classic eventually.

Death Cab For Cutie - Transatlanticism
Everybody bloody loves this album. Again, I'm shit with genres, but whatever genre you'd call DCFC, this is a must-have essential album. Seems to resonate with people of all different ages and I think it's the best thing Death Cab have ever done.

Converge - Jane Doe
I'd probably argue this is a classic already, but I think it deserves a mention as it was still released in the 2000s. One of the best hardcore/metalcore albums ever released. A powerful, angry and heavy as fuck album that's incredibly influential.

Kanye West - The College Dropout
Some would argue that MDBTF is a classic, but I'm not sure yet. I probably think Late Registration is the better album, but as far as influence goes, the first Kanye album was massive. Helped usher in his distinctive style of production and is full of absolute classic tunes. You could make an argument that Kanye is the biggest figure in music today and he wouldn't be here without this album.
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
Funeral
Merriweather Post Pavilion
In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

Possibly 21
schlotty
See you later, Joben!
User Info.
poor sak, can't be useful on ap, only 15.
Ben sucks anyways. Almost as much as you.
12:32 PM on 05/10/12
Sakarazu
Hello
User Info.
poor sak, can't be useful on ap, only 15.

So we're talking about me behind my back now ya bitch
Jordioteque
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
In addition to the ones in the first post (I agree with almost all of them and love the JT, Radiohead, and Arcade Fire selections)...

Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion (DUH!)
John Mayer - Continuum
The National - High Violet and Boxer
Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
The Gaslight Anthem - The '59 Sound
Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
The Decemberists - The Crane Wife
Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree
Death Cab for Cutie - Plans
The Killers - Hot Fuss
The Postal Service - Give Up
Brand New - Deja Entendu
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (also duh!)
Maroon 5 - Songs About Jane
The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
The White Stripes - White Blood Cells and Elephant
Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American/Jimmy Eat World
Daft Punk - Discovery
Matchbox Twenty - More Than You Think You Are
Coldplay - Parachutes

Also, for 2011, I'd like to suggest The Black Keys' El Camino. The more I listen to that, the more I'm convinced that it's one of the most listenable, most memorable rock albums ever made. Perhaps Destroyer's Kaputt or Bon Iver's self-titled too.
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Could you not make an argument that most of those albums are 'classic' already? I'd definitely say that Kid A, The Low End Theory and Parklife would already count as classics. I'd agree with all your choices though.

Anyway, I'll try and answer.

Muse - Absolution
The album that really broke them and made them 'supermassive'. You could maybe argue that Black Holes was equally important, but I think Absolution is a much better album. I really hope they do a 10 year anniversary tour for this, like they did for Origin Of Symmetry

65daysofstatic - We Were Exploding Anyway
A much more recent album, so this may be controversial. I don't know what genre you'd call this band, post-rock or electronica doesn't really fit and instrumental is too vague, but I think it's an absolute masterpiece and one that I hope will go down as a classic eventually.

Death Cab For Cutie - Transatlanticism
Everybody bloody loves this album. Again, I'm shit with genres, but whatever genre you'd call DCFC, this is a must-have essential album. Seems to resonate with people of all different ages and I think it's the best thing Death Cab have ever done.

Converge - Jane Doe
I'd probably argue this is a classic already, but I think it deserves a mention as it was still released in the 2000s. One of the best hardcore/metalcore albums ever released. A powerful, angry and heavy as fuck album that's incredibly influential.

Kanye West - The College Dropout
Some would argue that MDBTF is a classic, but I'm not sure yet. I probably think Late Registration is the better album, but as far as influence goes, the first Kanye album was massive. Helped usher in his distinctive style of production and is full of absolute classic tunes. You could make an argument that Kanye is the biggest figure in music today and he wouldn't be hear without this album.
Back Jack Doe.
12:33 PM on 05/10/12
Sakarazu
Hello
User Info.

Wowowowowowowowowowowowow
cwhit412
User Info.
:/
true doe
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Nice picks by Kyle. I limited my picks to stuff from the 90s on...

Brand New - Deja Entendu
The Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
Green Day - Dookie and American Idiot
The Horrible Crowes - Elsie
Kanye West - MBDTF

There are other I want to say here, but the more I think about it, the harder it is to really imagine many records going on to be so highly regarded. Especially records that have come out since 2000, it's just so hard to tell. You don't know what legacy these bands will leave.
12:34 PM on 05/10/12
cwhit412
User Info.
So we're talking about me behind my back now ya bitch
<3 <3 mr. 1.30
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
Still don't get why Funeral is the 'go to' Arcade Fire album. Sure it has Wake Up on it, but as a whole the songs on Neon Bible are better and Neon Bible also has a more cohesive feel to it.
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
User Info.
A friend always like to talk about how the 2000s didn't have a rock band that was "The Beatles or Rolling Stones" of that decade. The biggest bands of the decade were hold overs from the 90s ie-Coldplay, Foo Fighters, and Green Day.The closest we got was Fall Out Boy, they needed one more hit album, Paramore, same as FOB, and the Killers.

I think although it being overplayed Green Day's American Idiot and Coldplay's Viva La Vida will both be perceived as classics in the future.
schlotty
See you later, Joben!
User Info.
In addition to the ones in the first post (I agree with almost all of them and love the JT, Radiohead, and Arcade Fire selections)...

Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion (DUH!)
John Mayer - Continuum
The National - High Violet and Boxer
Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
The Gaslight Anthem - The '59 Sound
Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
The Decemberists - The Crane Wife
Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree
Death Cab for Cutie - Plans
The Killers - Hot Fuss
The Postal Service - Give Up
Brand New - Deja Entendu
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (also duh!)
Maroon 5 - Songs About Jane
The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
The White Stripes - White Blood Cells and Elephant
Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American/Jimmy Eat World
Daft Punk - Discovery
Matchbox Twenty - More Than You Think You Are
Coldplay - Parachutes

Also, for 2011, I'd like to suggest The Black Keys' El Camino. The more I listen to that, the more I'm convinced that it's one of the most listenable, most memorable rock albums ever made. Perhaps Destroyer's Kaputt or Bon Iver's self-titled too.
I can agree with this.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests