Username
Password
Stupid News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 80.
09:47 AM on 05/11/12
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
I think you mean best of both provinces. ZING!
09:47 AM on 05/11/12
B.Leibo
User Info.
09:50 AM on 05/11/12
ghelms88
Back by Popular Demand
User Info.
I'll listen to it. Wanna fight about it?
09:52 AM on 05/11/12
fuckyourscenes
www.fuckyourscenes.com
User Info.
Wait, what? How is he a "music wizard?"

He knows what people want and can craft melodies, choruses, etc. to please those people. You might not like them, and I don't either, but no one can deny that they know how to craft songs that they know are going to sell. Sure, it isn't anything new for them, but why would they change? They're happy with what they're doing, it sells well, and they've got this main-stream rock/pop songs down to a formula that only they know. Essentially, they created the 21st century mainstream-rock, and a lot ofpeople have been trying to be Nickelback, which is why their music is annoying, because it became generic after everyone ripped their sound.

And if we're being honest, "How You Remind Me" was not a godawful song - still not incredible - but it was more listenable.
09:53 AM on 05/11/12
botDs-r
www.twitter.com/shawnhyphenray
User Info.
Why don't you have a problem with their music?

Because he likes it? So what if a person enjoys Nickelback or Avril. Don't discriminate. Let a person be who they want to be (Tom Gabel) and like what they want to like. How does it affect your life (gay marriage) ?

Exactly. Yeah I like it. Songs are catchy and I just enjoy it. People should be able to listen to whatever they like.
09:53 AM on 05/11/12
Daveyhavok832
O.G.
User Info.
Because he likes it? So what if a person enjoys Nickelback or Avril. Don't discriminate. Let a person be who they want to be (Tom Gabel) and like what they want to like. How does it affect your life (gay marriage) ?
You're completley wrong in the way you judged me based on a simple question that I asked someone that was not you. You're a real hero sticking up for people on a music forum (even though I wasn't harrassing him in the first place). I asked him because I have honestly never in my life met someone that doesn't think Nickleback suck. It seems like a universal truth that Nickleback are bad and everyone knows this (though obviously people like them because they're a huge band). So I asked him because I'm curious to know what he likes about him, hence my question "why doesn't he have a problem with Nickleback?"
09:55 AM on 05/11/12
Sindi N.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
... Oh. Okay.
botDs-r
www.twitter.com/shawnhyphenray
User Info.
He knows what people want and can craft melodies, choruses, etc. to please those people. You might not like them, and I don't either, but no one can deny that they know how to craft songs that they know are going to sell. Sure, it isn't anything new for them, but why would they change? They're happy with what they're doing, it sells well, and they've got this main-stream rock/pop songs down to a formula that only they know. Essentially, they created the 21st century mainstream-rock, and a lot ofpeople have been trying to be Nickelback, which is why their music is annoying, because it became generic after everyone ripped their sound.

And if we're being honest, "How You Remind Me" was not a godawful song - still not incredible - but it was more listenable.
True. Everyone is actually in a way copying them. They were quite original when they began and then their influence spread throughout all the musicians out there.
Daveyhavok832
O.G.
User Info.
here's an awesome article for those of you who misunderstood the question i originally proposed in this thread. It's by perhaps one of the greatest writers out there and I hope that you enjoy.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...st-hated-bands
The Minn
User Info.
You're completley wrong in the way you judged me based on a simple question that I asked someone that was not you. You're a real hero sticking up for people on a music forum (even though I wasn't harrassing him in the first place). I asked him because I have honestly never in my life met someone that doesn't think Nickleback suck. It seems like a universal truth that Nickleback are bad and everyone knows this (though obviously people like them because they're a huge band). So I asked him because I'm curious to know what he likes about him, hence my question "why doesn't he have a problem with Nickleback?"
this is the internet. context is always misinterpreted. you think i was getting mad?
09:57 AM on 05/11/12
esposimi
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
User Info.
Hope this leads to a Nickelback cover of Sk8r Boi.
That song was my jam back in the day.
09:58 AM on 05/11/12
The Minn
User Info.
Exactly. Yeah I like it. Songs are catchy and I just enjoy it. People should be able to listen to whatever they like.
any AP does a good job of feeding trolls. its cool to hate Nickelback (i like some of their singles) Brokencyde (will never like) Papa Roach (born and raised in Vacaville, CA so I grew up with them) and a few others. Articles like this are only posted so people on this site can laugh, i think its stupid. Too many "elitists" are on this site but they're not "elitists" they are people that only think their views are the right ones.
09:58 AM on 05/11/12
Daveyhavok832
O.G.
User Info.
this is the internet. context is always misinterpreted. you think i was getting mad?
Did I say anywhere in my post to relax/calm down/chill? No, because I know you're way too cool to get mad over something a complete stranger says on the internet.
10:00 AM on 05/11/12
The Minn
User Info.
Did I say anywhere in my post to relax/calm down/chill? No, because I know you're way too cool to get mad over something a complete stranger says on the internet.
again. context. and your reply is just dumb. you're telling me that im 'way too cool to get mad over something a complete stranger says on the internet'. you realize that is what you just did with your reply, right? and fyi: im not cool, im pretty much a bum and a recluse. but i appreciate you saying that i was cool. i feel +1 better today, now.
10:02 AM on 05/11/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
While I'm not a fan of their music anymore, apparently this guy is a music wizard. Why he doesn't use that to make better music is beyond me though.

He makes too much money.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests