Username
Password
Steel Train News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Steel Train
Inside AP.net

Steel Train Band Chat Right Now!

Posted by: Julia Conny (10/25/07)
Jack Antonoff of Steel Train will be chatting and answering your questions in this very thread. He will be posting under the username Steel Train. Join in on the conversation!

EDIT: Jack has left the thread, but a big thanks goes out to him for taking some time to chat with AP.net users. Be sure to catch Steel Train on tour with Ace Enders and a Million Different People, Socratic, and Kevin Devine.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 188
03:49 PM on 10/25/07
get high
hi
User Info.
What’s your reaction to kind of getting lumped in with punk or pop rock bands through your label? Although you probably wouldn’t classify yourselves as “jam band” stylistically per se, do you think it has been beneficial to the band to be on a label like drive-thru that has maybe exposed the group to a different base of people than perhaps building up a fan base through the “jam band” culture?

Along those lines, do you think you’ll ever tour with bands in the vein of Umphrey’s or Bisco or Yonder Mountain outside of the occasional festival? And what bands are you guys mostly into as far as current/modern music goes?
03:50 PM on 10/25/07
Julia Conny
"Julia HurriConny"
User Info.
Even though we still have a couple minutes before he gets here, I just wanted to say thanks for doing this, Jack. We love band chats here at AP ... always a good time.
03:54 PM on 10/25/07
mattybobviously
WE DID IT!
User Info.
Shit, I want to start by asking a wicked lame fangirl-ish question, but we can try to keep it manly.

Where the hell do you buy your clothes man? Easily the best looking band out there. What kind of stuff do you and the guys like?
03:55 PM on 10/25/07
Steel Train
User Info.
hi there... its jack. just got here...i was running. how is everyone
03:57 PM on 10/25/07
Steel Train
User Info.
What’s your reaction to kind of getting lumped in with punk or pop rock bands through your label? Although you probably wouldn’t classify yourselves as “jam band” stylistically per se, do you think it has been beneficial to the band to be on a label like drive-thru that has maybe exposed the group to a different base of people than perhaps building up a fan base through the “jam band” culture?

Along those lines, do you think you’ll ever tour with bands in the vein of Umphrey’s or Bisco or Yonder Mountain outside of the occasional festival? And what bands are you guys mostly into as far as current/modern music goes?

we are not apart of anything,. dont mean that in a mean way.. we love anyone who comes out to our shows.. if they are drive thru people or jam people ect.. drive thru has been amazing to us.. look how different twilight tales is to trampoline ect.. they let us do what we need to in order to stay creative,,

as for the jam scene.. i think in a way its very similar to the punk scene.. sites like jambase.com are a loit like ap.net..
03:57 PM on 10/25/07
Julia Conny
"Julia HurriConny"
User Info.
hi there... its jack. just got here...i was running. how is everyone

It's rainy here, and it sucks. How are you?
03:59 PM on 10/25/07
Steel Train
User Info.
we are not apart of anything,. dont mean that in a mean way.. we love anyone who comes out to our shows.. if they are drive thru people or jam people ect.. drive thru has been amazing to us.. look how different twilight tales is to trampoline ect.. they let us do what we need to in order to stay creative,,

as for the jam scene.. i think in a way its very similar to the punk scene.. sites like jambase.com are a loit like ap.net..

more so.. we absolutely love the punk and jam scene for th same reason.. the kids are great.. they come to see the music, and they listen to the music. I would never want to end up like tapes n tapes or clap your hands say yeah who can lose their fan base in a year
03:59 PM on 10/25/07
Adrian Villagomez
The Sword the Anvil the Stone
User Info.
Thanks so much for doing this, Jack.
04:00 PM on 10/25/07
get high
hi
User Info.

cool. good answer.
thisisadisaster
RICK FROM ALABAMA
User Info.
hey jack, are you guys playing bonnaroo next year?
topsecret
User Info.
what bands would you like to tour with in the future?
Steel Train
User Info.
Thanks so much for doing this, Jack.

hi adrian, happy to be here
04:01 PM on 10/25/07
Paul Tao
User Info.
Hi Jack!

say hi to everyone for me. Sorry I missed your show in LA, I was in NYC.
04:01 PM on 10/25/07
masterbasser1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
jack, you guys play a lot of festivals in the jamband scene like bonarroo and wakarusa and more, do you like playing in the jamband scene more then the punk scene
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums