Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 59
02:20 PM on 05/14/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
Maybe I'd care if the album itself didn't suck so much.
02:27 PM on 05/14/12
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
User Info.
hehe The news post is in pirate speak.

Sounds cool though! I'll get around to watching this at some point.
02:32 PM on 05/14/12
lightcollapse
on the edge of summer
User Info.
nice, a documentary about a shitty album, this is what everyone has been waiting for
03:11 PM on 05/14/12
AndyMania
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
with every new album, i've enjoyed a smaller amount of songs. i just saw them play in austin. the crowd was stoked for Admit It!! Then they played Admit It Again and everyone left to beat the traffic (or beat their meat).
04:03 PM on 05/14/12
Pappageo
User Info.
I've never been a huge fan of this band but holy shit... when did absolutepunk turn on this guy? I was under the impression he could do no wrong around here. I had no idea that people hated this album so much.
04:13 PM on 05/14/12
scathemonster
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i really loved the new album, good thing music is subjective i suppose.
05:05 PM on 05/14/12
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
with every new album, i've enjoyed a smaller amount of songs. i just saw them play in austin. the crowd was stoked for Admit It!! Then they played Admit It Again and everyone left to beat the traffic (or beat their meat).
"I like that. I think I'm gonna say that every night from now on. You can leave and beat the traffic, or you can stick around and beat your meat."
05:13 PM on 05/14/12
Calvin Lauber
User Info.
"the crap rains down"

Nope it definitely sucks
If MCS said that line no one would make a deal about it. Just saying.. and I love MCS.
05:54 PM on 05/14/12
Mistle
User Info.
This have been on iTunes since release, no? It even says at the end of the trailer.
06:10 PM on 05/14/12
AsfAstAswegofar
User Info.
This album is great, it always seems when bands make a new album and its not as poppy or its energetic or they try something else people are so quick to bastardize it, this album is different but it's also from start to end a solid album. I personally love it. I think it's the same kind of shit as people calling "Daisy" or "Cassadaga" bad because they aren't "Deja Entendu" or "Lifted" but are still incredible albums.
06:15 PM on 05/14/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
This album is great, it always seems when bands make a new album and its not as poppy or its energetic or they try something else people are so quick to bastardize it, this album is different but it's also from start to end a solid album. I personally love it. I think it's the same kind of shit as people calling "Daisy" or "Cassadaga" bad because they aren't "Deja Entendu" or "Lifted" but are still incredible albums.
it sounds exactly like a say anything album, I don't know what you're talking about. it's the songs that suck. maybe you're not a lyric person so it works for you just on a primal melodic page, but seriously there are some lines on that thing that sound like a 15 year old who doesn't even know what they are writing about.
06:21 PM on 05/14/12
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
would be cool if they made a doc about the IARB days
06:24 PM on 05/14/12
stonecoldfox
You can't afford to live like this
User Info.
Awesome. I definitely want to watch the full doc when it's released.
06:29 PM on 05/14/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
would be cool if they made a doc about the IARB days
he actually thought he was being secretly filmed while making that record
06:34 PM on 05/14/12
fakeyellowlight
User Info.
This does look cool but I'll reiterate what everyone else is saying: the album really isn't very good as a whole. Some really, really nice moments for sure, notably the end of "Night's Song" or even "Admit it Again" has a nice guitar line and changes nicely. The "Stephen Hawking" is a great closer. But just too much pop-without-the hook and raw sound without the angst. Just right up the middle. I don't know, I'm just disappointed.

And with his whole thing like a year or so ago where he wrote to his fan base saying he thought he wouldn't write another SA record, etc. I really had high hopes. I hope that isn't the last one...

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos