contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
he actually thought he was being secretly filmed while making that record
yeah I know! wish they were
07:18 PM on 05/14/12
Clark
Dirk Nowitzki's Beard
User Info.
I enjoyed most of this album, but, objectively, it's not very good. Max's lyrics have gotten worse on each album, and on these last two albums his enunciation has channeled Sylvester the Cat, which makes it nearly impossible to listen to them via headphones.
07:21 PM on 05/14/12
Nightfox33
User Info.
Can't wait to see this.
08:49 PM on 05/14/12
PIG DESTROYER
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I fully believe that all of the comments about it being boring, nothing special, poppy without hooks, loud without aggression/feeling etc would be silenced if this had better production. production can make or break an album (hello thursday's last 3 albums) and having the guitars all clean and buried under vocals is exactly how to make songs sound poppy without hooks, loud without aggression, nothing special, and boring. I'd LOVE to hear this album produced in the same way "Is a Real Boy" was produced, and I bet that if it was, people's views on it would be much different.
09:00 PM on 05/14/12
Sheluligans
Focus on the horizon.
User Info.
I fully believe that all of the comments about it being boring, nothing special, poppy without hooks, loud without aggression/feeling etc would be silenced if this had better production. production can make or break an album (hello thursday's last 3 albums)

Unless you're implying that the last 3 Thursday records have been amazing.
12:01 AM on 05/15/12
bandnamexmyname
&^%^&
User Info.
Looks cool, although I fucking hate this album.
12:34 AM on 05/15/12
VanMastaIteHab
User Info.
If this is the same thing as the one that was released on iTunes, don't get too worked up about it. It's only 7 minutes long, you basically just saw the whole thing with that trailer.

I did enjoy it though, especially because I was at the show that all the live footage is taken from, and can see myself in a few of the shots.
09:11 AM on 05/15/12
nowFace
She's making the rounds!
User Info.
Someone in another thread mentioned how this would have been a stellar ep. For me I would have had it:
1)Burn a Miracle
2)SA
3)Night's song
4)peace out
5)overbiter
6)The Stephen Hawking

and I still listen to this album alot. Solid release and better than IDOTG. Obviously it will never reach the olympian heights of IARB, someone just needs to tell Max so everyone can stop getting so butt hurt when he name drops that.
09:23 AM on 05/15/12
IamTheINDUSTRY
glory glory
User Info.
The album doesn't "suck". It's just hard for a lot of people to relate to. Which causes a major disconnect from an art standpoint.
no, it sucks.
09:27 AM on 05/15/12
thesinkingship
a fire? at the sea parks!
User Info.
Same people are still picking apart this album and debating which half of the record is good. Can't we just move on?
09:41 AM on 05/15/12
nowFace
She's making the rounds!
User Info.
^^^^yeah what this guy above me said. If the album came with denim jeans everyone would have forgotten about IARB.
09:41 AM on 05/15/12
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
09:42 AM on 05/15/12
nowFace
She's making the rounds!
User Info.
Same people are still picking apart this album and debating which half of the record is good. Can't we just move on?
I enjoy every song except so good. I just feel it would have been stronger as and EP.
10:52 AM on 05/15/12
thesinkingship
a fire? at the sea parks!
User Info.
I enjoy every song except so good. I just feel it would have been stronger as and EP.
Perhaps. I do think that part of the reason why this record isn't as liked is because it IS hard to relate to.

Thinking of the songs that most people seem to like: Burn a Miracle, Night's Song, Of Steel, The Stephen Hawking...these are all songs that aren't about Sherri, being married, or being content with life.

Overall, I just feel like continuing to debate why or why not this record is bad or good has grown tiresome.
12:17 PM on 05/15/12
IamTheINDUSTRY
glory glory
User Info.
because my ears and brain think so when I hear it. It's cringeworthy. It's embarrassing.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos