AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Gaslight Anthem News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Stream The Gaslight Anthem's NY Show Live

Posted by - 10:42 AM on 05/15/12
On May 16th, at 9pm EST, The Gaslight Anthem will be streaming their NY Show online. I feel like this trend (live show streaming over the internet) is really just starting, I think it just may have legs.

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9
11:01 AM on 05/15/12
cwhit412
don't ask
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I said this back when Man Overboard put their show up for stream for a couple dollars. You may as well get a couple more bucks from the people who can't see the show due to the show selling out or distance reasons. Fits more people in than the venue can hold.
11:03 AM on 05/15/12
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Now I don't know what the contractual implications would be with the venue, label etc, but not only streaming but SELLING video -- so I can buy it, put it on my computer, then watch it on a 3 hour flight -- that would be massive.
11:04 AM on 05/15/12
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
Hopefully the stream works well. Granted it was 2008, but I remember watching the stream for Hit The Lights' first concert with Kevin and it was pretty choppy with buffering issues for a lot of it. Also, will this be the link to refer back to or will we be updated with a new link tomorrow?
11:14 AM on 05/15/12
lombardkyle
User Info.
Can not wait for tomorrow! SHow is gonna be amazing!!!!
11:41 AM on 05/15/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
Some bands like RHCP have all their audio from shows up on their website for like 10 dollars. I know it's a lot of work but if a band can do the same thing with a few shows and sell it for a few bucks, that would be awesome! Take Gaslight for example. If they did the stream tonight, and then make an avi or mp4 file of the show, I can see them selling it for 5 or 10 dollars. Imagine the possibilities! You can buy a download code from the show for $5. With that code, you can stream the entire show up to 5x and download it 3x. If you weren't at the show, you can charge 10 dollars for it online.
12:34 PM on 05/15/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
I said years ago that this would be the next big thing.
05:40 AM on 05/16/12
whotwo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
anyone have an extra ticket to tonights show?
02:18 PM on 05/16/12
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
Subbed so I don't forget.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT