AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Hip-Hop News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 40 of 40.
11:22 AM on 05/16/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Lupe needs a Clipse feature, a CRS track, an Andre feature, a Wayne feature to make him look a bit better, and a couple hologram Tupac verses.

Hologram Rick James too
11:23 AM on 05/16/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
I don't get it how will that make him look better?
Because with Lupe's lyricism next to Wayne's post-Carter II lyricism, Lupe's lyrics will shine much brighter. Pairing him with any other of the aforementioned will make him pale in comparison, even though they'd be great songs.
11:26 AM on 05/16/12
3eb23
The World Is Yours
User Info.
Because with Lupe's lyricism next to Wayne's post-Carter II lyricism, Lupe's lyrics will shine much brighter. Pairing him with any other of the aforementioned will make him pale in comparison, even though they'd be great songs.

Haha gotcha. But Andre's sick though. And I love Pusha and Malice and Kanye. Edit: ok clearly read your post wrong. I thought you were saying all those features would make him look better. but you were just referring to Wayne.

Anyway dude the other day I had my songs on shuffle and Fireman came on. I had listened to Yoga Flame so much the past few years that hearing Wayne do it, I was almost embarassed for the dude. It was terrible.
11:28 AM on 05/16/12
VIVALAMATT
Two-Time APWP Champion
User Info.
judging by the artwork, this is going "lasers" way.

Let's not jump to conclusions..

i don't think i can quote this hard enough. he went from putting out one of my top 10 rap albums of all time (the cool) to putting out lasers, which was one of the worst records i heard in 2012.

Lasers actually wasn't a bad album, it was just severely disappointing in regards to its predecessors. And I agree about The Cool being a great album, but I actually thing F&L1 is even better

backed. whatever that bassnectar shit was sucked.

Blame the record company. The forced him to put out something that was "hip."
01:11 PM on 05/16/12
spansen
and then what happens?
User Info.
... hoping for good things.
03:14 PM on 05/16/12
The Minn
User Info.
Im confused. He said after this third album he was going to take a break to write a novel.
04:13 PM on 05/16/12
3eb23
The World Is Yours
User Info.
Im confused. He said after this third album he was going to take a break to write a novel.

Lol he's said a lot of things...
06:41 PM on 05/16/12
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
Yoga Flame - he's still got it.

Who's his go-to producer currently?

soundtrakk is supposed to be all over this shit. we'll see.

Let's not jump to conclusions..

Lasers actually wasn't a bad album, it was just severely disappointing in regards to its predecessors. And I agree about The Cool being a great album, but I actually thing F&L1 is even better

Blame the record company. The forced him to put out something that was "hip."

i blame him for giving into the record company, and then slapping anarchy symbols on his album covers like it's supposed to mean something. don't kid yourself, even though lupe definitely is.

most people think F+L is better. i don't blame em, but the cool to me is miles past it. the concept of it was NASTY.
11:46 PM on 05/16/12
VIVALAMATT
Two-Time APWP Champion
User Info.

i blame him for giving into the record company, and then slapping anarchy symbols on his album covers like it's supposed to mean something. don't kid yourself, even though lupe definitely is.

most people think F+L is better. i don't blame em, but the cool to me is miles past it. the concept of it was NASTY.
Aside from production value maybe, I don't see The Cool as being miles past it. F&L was just so rawwwww. But to each their own.
09:37 AM on 05/17/12
3eb23
The World Is Yours
User Info.

Yeah Lupe + Soundtrakk is just a formula for gnarliness. Definitely see where you're coming from with the other statements as well
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests