Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 132
12:38 PM on 05/16/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Are you serious? Are they continuing in the Dirty Work trend as far as style? Why didn't the band write the songs? Did they not write Put Up or SWIR? I thought they did and that stuff is much better than the the last two records that have co-writes and whatnot. I just don't understand it.
Yeah, they're going towards that style again. I don't know WHY they didn't write this record but when it's a band that big that hasn't "gone over the top" yet - Labels are going to want other people doing the writing. I don't know anything about if they wrote those first couple records or what.
12:38 PM on 05/16/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
how did you hear it?
12:47 PM on 05/16/12
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
Yeah, they're going towards that style again. I don't know WHY they didn't write this record but when it's a band that big that hasn't "gone over the top" yet - Labels are going to want other people doing the writing. I don't know anything about if they wrote those first couple records or what.
Good stuff man. So, it looks like they are getting another chance with the major then? I thought they were going to be dropped. Guess they did enough with Dirty Work.
01:01 PM on 05/16/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
Good stuff man. So, it looks like they are getting another chance with the major then? I thought they were going to be dropped. Guess they did enough with Dirty Work.
Dont believe everything you hear man. Dude could be right, but imo, Alex and Rian gave waaaaaayy too much information about the writing for it to be bullshit and just have Green write it. Alex was in L.A. a lot over the past couple months and in December as well writing this thing. Im not worried. Alex said theyre going back to being All Time Low and not writing for radio. I guarantee you it'll be better than Dirty Work.
01:03 PM on 05/16/12
MikeyJam
what shape is punk?
User Info.
i found dirty work disappointing. i guess this album will make me decide if i'm gonna keep caring about atl or not.

that said, i hope it's good.
01:04 PM on 05/16/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
Dont believe everything you hear man. Dude could be right, but imo, Alex and Rian gave waaaaaayy too much information about the writing for it to be bullshit and just have Green write it. Alex was in L.A. a lot over the past couple months and in December as well writing this thing. Im not worried. Alex said theyre going back to being All Time Low and not writing for radio. I guarantee you it'll be better than Dirty Work.

They said all that stuff last time too. I don't believe anything the band says at this point. I'll have to hear it myself.
01:07 PM on 05/16/12
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
Everyone is skeptical only because Alex has said almost the same thing with the last 3 records. And it's a good strategy. Saying you're doing something different will generate a bunch of curiosity which SHOULD lead to more plays, etc. Hopefully, they really are "just going back to being atl" this time though. I think that's all anyone ever wanted from them.
01:08 PM on 05/16/12
anamericangod
User Info.
Didn't know they didn't write these songs. Bleh.
01:09 PM on 05/16/12
herestoyoufla
User Info.
Didn't know they didn't write these songs. Bleh.
I don't know how credible that information was though. It'd just make rian and alex out to be blatant liars at this point if that's true.
01:12 PM on 05/16/12
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
I don't know how credible that information was though. It'd just make rian and alex out to be blantant liars at this point if that's true.
..and rian always comes off as the honest one i feel
01:16 PM on 05/16/12
herestoyoufla
User Info.
..and rian always comes off as the honest one i feel
Yeah, probably because he's the quietest, haha.
01:17 PM on 05/16/12
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
I have my reasons for giving him the benefit of the doubt here. Also, the band is still on the major label. It may very be that the band set out to write on their own, but that the label wanted them to work with someone that they approve of and hence Mike Green writes with the band, Alex, or whomever. But, you might be right and the record actually is a return to form. He did say that he only heard 1 minute from 3 tracks, so you take it for what it's worth.
01:19 PM on 05/16/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
Yeah, probably because he's the quietest, haha.

No that would be Zack. And even if he said it I wouldn't believe it tbh
01:23 PM on 05/16/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
Everyone is skeptical only because Alex has said almost the same thing with the last 3 records. And it's a good strategy. Saying you're doing something different will generate a bunch of curiosity which SHOULD lead to more plays, etc. Hopefully, they really are "just going back to being atl" this time though. I think that's all anyone ever wanted from them.

See I disagree. I dont remember him saying the same thing at all. He said for the last record they were aiming for a wider audience and want to be on radio. He specifically said that theres something on Dirty Work for everyone (which I agree with). I dont ever remember him saying they going back to theyre old style. I dont believe this guy who said its "horrid" at all. And about Mike Green writing...

"Studio erryday working on these new songs. @AlexAllTimeLow decided he hated me this record, and thought up some crazy ass parts."
- From Rians Twitter. Why would he lie about Alex writing drum parts? Singers/ Guitarists rarely write drum parts anyway. Alex has been in L.A. for basically the past 4 months in a rented out house and also went in December to write. He wouldnt go just to watch a producer write. Obviously we wont know until a song comes out, but Im 98.65% sure this record will kick ass (or at least be much better than Dirty Work)
01:25 PM on 05/16/12
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
No that would be Zack. And even if he said it I wouldn't believe it tbh
you wouldn't trust zack??!

this band has done us wrong, i feel. haha.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos