AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 9
Displaying posts 120 - 131 of 131
03:31 PM on 05/17/12
AlexAllTimeLow
User Info.
Lots of silly shit posted on this site by unscrupulous people. Don't subscribe to everything you hear. That said, when it comes time, I hope you guys dig the new album. I know the last one threw some of you for a loop while we tried new things. We'll see! And thanks for the continued support / hate / whateveritisatleastyoustillreadabou tus
03:52 PM on 05/17/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Lots of silly shit posted on this site by unscrupulous people. Don't subscribe to everything you hear. That said, when it comes time, I hope you guys dig the new album. I know the last one threw some of you for a loop while we tried new things. We'll see! And thanks for the continued support / hate / whateveritisatleastyoustillreadabou tus

Dirty Work's the shit. Fuck the haters.

Also, my band just recorded with Paul Leavitt and I used the Les Paul you guys used. That was pretty cool for me. There's my sick brag of the day!
04:09 PM on 05/17/12
AlexAllTimeLow
User Info.
Dirty Work's the shit. Fuck the haters.

Also, my band just recorded with Paul Leavitt and I used the Les Paul you guys used. That was pretty cool for me. There's my sick brag of the day!
That's awesome. I saw Paul the last time I was home-- He's been helping Rian and myself set up a home-studio. Great dude. He may even have been talking about you guys.

How'd it go? Did he crush your hopes and dreams of ever being good at anything with his dry wit? Haha

edit: Also, thanks! Glad you liked it.
04:34 PM on 05/17/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That's awesome. I saw Paul the last time I was home-- He's been helping Rian and myself set up a home-studio. Great dude. He may even have been talking about you guys.

How'd it go? Did he crush your hopes and dreams of ever being good at anything with his dry wit? Haha

edit: Also, thanks! Glad you liked it.

Yeah of course man.

Paul was absolutely awesome, fun dude to work with and helped us a lot! We just did it 2 weeks ago, so I doubt it was us he talked about. He did say something about Rian helping him out, and of course had good things to say!

He sure does have a way with words, and trying to crush dreams. We did (I think) a good job fighting back. But, we just got the mixes back today actually and they sound really rad.

We'll be on Warped all summer as well, we better see you dudes! Last year in VA Beach JR said you liked his "Your Hole is Our Goal" shirt, that was from us.
04:45 PM on 05/17/12
JDubs66
Redesign Me, Redefine Me.
User Info.
Lots of goofy rumors and this come up on this site you've got that right! Lol another one you may want to clear up is the one someone keeps saying about your label..unless it can't be announced or what not.. Anyways I digged dirty work..liked that you guys tried some new stuff, Looking forward to this new one tho, one of my most anticipated of this year! As well as pumped to see you all at the MN warped date!

On a more musical note..what guitar would you recommend for someone to start out learning to play on?
10:09 AM on 05/18/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Lots of goofy rumors and this come up on this site you've got that right! Lol another one you may want to clear up is the one someone keeps saying about your label..unless it can't be announced or what not.. Anyways I digged dirty work..liked that you guys tried some new stuff, Looking forward to this new one tho, one of my most anticipated of this year! As well as pumped to see you all at the MN warped date!

On a more musical note..what guitar would you recommend for someone to start out learning to play on?

How much are you looking to spend?
11:40 AM on 05/18/12
JDubs66
Redesign Me, Redefine Me.
User Info.
How much are you looking to spend?
Not really sure to be honest, just something decent to start out on prolly not tooo spendy.
03:43 PM on 05/18/12
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
So I don't know who this Plns person is, or how he/she came to hear any of our new songs (which I'm skeptical about in the first place,) but I'm going to go ahead and say that All Time Low wrote this record, in the studio, with Mike Green, the way most records are written / produced. Don't know where you're getting your info, but it's false.
Thanks for clearing that up.
02:37 PM on 05/19/12
pringle
User Info.

All these rumours are so shitty! I've been an atl fan since just before SWIR came out, despite this being years ago, I am yet to find a song I dislike.

When dirty work came out I was reasonably anxious, but once again they pulled through- not that I was expecting anything different! I don't generally go for pop punk, however all time lows music has always meant a lot to me and always will. I know I'm only 16, but the likes of nicki Minaj haven't exactly appealed to me.

The fact that people are saying they don't write their own music is beyond ridiculous, I know how much effort and love Alex puts into those lyrics and as a result, the majority of my bedroom walls are ridden in atl lyrics. So, if you don't like they're music, quite frankly, just dont listen to it!

Can not wait for the new album, I have every faith it will kick ass just as much as the others!
12:19 PM on 05/21/12
njskimmer
User Info.
I like how your avatar is still the artwork from SWIR haha

I think I'm probably one of the few people in this thread who is actually older than the band members and have been following them since the beginning. As of most of you, I will forever cherish the TPS,PUOSU,SWIR days but from my experience as a musician progressing through adulthood, you simply just change your views on life and what you want to do in the world. At their current level, they do have a lot of corporate influence on the major label. I know all the die hard fans wanted them to stay in the "scene" and be "their" band, but I think every musician's goal is to go as far and be as successful as they possibly can. You can't hate on them for taking advice from the "higher ups" which won't really change until they are back on an indie label (which may never happen).

NP and DW were strong attempts to break through but they just failed to deliver 100% on making them that household name they were(are still) going for. IMO the pop-punk super star bubble has long been burst. I can honestly see ATL going for that Hot Chelle Rae sound. It's not too hard to picture Alex's vocals on those songs, but only time will tell.

/rant
06:36 AM on 05/23/12
brian.yof
User Info.
This band became so well loved because of the fun they had/have, not the advice of "higher ups". If they change because they want to change, then who are we to say no? But to blame it on Interscope is unfair and unproven. Personally, I think they had fun with Dirty Work and that's it. No label conspiracy involved.

Did I like it? Eh. Not a whole lot. But just because I didn't love it doesn't mean I have to get pissed off about it. Bands with this kind of talent will always eventually put out quality stuff. I'm not worried.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos