Username
Password
Story of the Year News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 101.
11:14 AM on 10/29/07
lew_1987
The desperation's gone.
User Info.
This bands needs someone like Brian McTernan to straighten these guys out.

They can write good songs (see Page Avenue), but they can also get very lost (see In The Wake).

-ACA

i'm not a big fan.
11:17 AM on 10/29/07
emerson1892
COWABUNGA
User Info.
Thank god something about these guys finally surfaced i've been waiting for ever
11:18 AM on 10/29/07
tbag
User Info.
until the day i dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
11:19 AM on 10/29/07
Murder*O*Murder
User Info.
I wanted a new album outta these guys... Was looking forward to it... And now I'm really looking forward to this. I think they've realized that In the Wake didn't go over as well as they would've like so they're returning to the more PA vibe. I'm hoping.

They've been playing a new song, "Terrified", at live shows... Has anyone head it?
11:20 AM on 10/29/07
GiggsOho
Guns don't kill, Cedric & Omar do
User Info.
pretty exciting for them. I think both will benefit from the jump. SOTY needs to be on a label thas a plethora of other similar acts. Maverick has the Deftones and thats it.
11:22 AM on 10/29/07
Maxx42
User Info.
I thought In the Wake of Determination was more of what they wanted to do. They have great guitar work and seem more comfortable with that sound than the poppy polished sound they had on Page Avenue.

I agree 1000%. I think they needed page avenue as their break-in record, but In the Wake of Determination is definitely what they're destined to be. Their guitarists are really talented.
11:24 AM on 10/29/07
dontsneeze
User Info.
i'm down with this. if feldmann is back at the boards, the shit should be good. :-D

i really dislike feldmann as a producer. i would like to see a used album with someone else.
11:26 AM on 10/29/07
themattrace
User Info.
Feldmann is busy with Lostprophets atm
11:27 AM on 10/29/07
DazedandCnfused
da bomb diggity
User Info.
Well now that they're on Epitaph, I hope their next album is more solid than ITWOD was. I first heard SOTY years ago before Page Avenue was even released and I thought they were awesome. Their live shows are so fun. I was a fan for a long time, then idk.. ITWOD kind of disappointed me. The guys are wicked talented and all, it's just the music didn't do anything for me. So I really hope their next effort is good b/c I really want to like them again.
11:30 AM on 10/29/07
airik625
-
User Info.
This seems like a pretty good signing for Epitaph. Excited to hear some new stuff.
11:30 AM on 10/29/07
cory-182
User Info.
What happened to Epitaph jumping on the bandwagon? Parkway Drive, ETF, The Higher....
11:32 AM on 10/29/07
Nolessthanblink
Are you watching closely?
User Info.
Whatever happened to their deal with Maverick? And that other live dvd they were supposed to be putting out?
11:32 AM on 10/29/07
AKrowdy
User Info.
i love story of the year i cant wait to hear new stuff, i thought i saw a while ago on their myspace they were working on a new album or something
11:34 AM on 10/29/07
turbonium
Registered Gangsta
User Info.
I'm not gonna lie. I'm pretty excited for their new album. Let's hope they can pull off something epic and show maverick whats up.
11:38 AM on 10/29/07
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
In The Wake of Determination was such a good album
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives