Username
Password

Comments: Page 7
Displaying posts 90 - 105 of 105
08:20 PM on 05/17/12
jaredohgren
I'm just an artist on a shelf.
User Info.
Just curious, what would you recommend as good "indie" (or I guess we can use the word scene) rap to check out? I know POS and if old gym class heroes count but that's it...
Aesop Rock, P.O.S, Earl Sweatshirt (even though he is in Odd Future, he's the only one I think has talent outside of it), Das Racist is alright, an Theophilus London are some I can think off the top of my head.

Los is pretty good too, not indie but a lot better than a lot of popular shit out there right now.
08:21 PM on 05/17/12
jaredohgren
User Info.
Kendrick Lamar
Logic
ASAP Rocky
Action Bronson
MR Mutha Fuckin Exquire
Danny Brown
Deltron 3030
Joey Bada$$
ASAP isn't really indie to me. More of a Tyler, the Creator/Kid Cudi rip off to me.
08:35 PM on 05/17/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
ASAP isn't really indie to me. More of a Tyler, the Creator/Kid Cudi rip off to me.
mmm definitely not, at least to me. then again, the only person worth listening to in OF is Earl. It makes sense that he has his own imprint he's going to be releasing albums on...he's that good, and he knows it.

also:

09:04 PM on 05/17/12
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
LOL
09:21 PM on 05/17/12
jaredohgren
User Info.
06:12 AM on 05/18/12
jaredohgren
User Info.
Then you dont have ears
They both do that stupid low voice speaking part and his beats kind of sound like simpler old Kid Cudi. I don't know how you can't hear the Tyler resemblance.
04:15 PM on 05/18/12
ZEZEtheX
in the FOBR jail.
User Info.
Better than a lot of indie rappers that are big right now. Better lyrics, better beats, and better talent.
Nope.

Also, looks like you have nothing to offer here from the looks of your recommendations and classifications too. I stopped taking you seriously at your original comment and then really stopped taking you seriously when you said Tyga was indie. Please educate yourself. CG is bubblegum and his lyrics are not great. I like him and even I can admit this.

A lot of the talent lies in his partner Ludwig. Glover is a great showman though.
04:17 PM on 05/18/12
ZEZEtheX
in the FOBR jail.
User Info.
To be honest, I liked his stuff pre-Camp a whole lot more. Haven't really gotten super into it, but like a few tracks. I'm not gonna call him mediocre or anything though...
This is key. Pre-Camp, for some reason, CG was quite a bit better. Culdesac is much better than CAMP. A lot of the metaphors are extremely cringe-worthy.
04:19 PM on 05/18/12
ZEZEtheX
in the FOBR jail.
User Info.
They both do that stupid low voice speaking part and his beats kind of sound like simpler old Kid Cudi. I don't know how you can't hear the Tyler resemblance.
That's the southern and midwestern "chopped and screwed" influence there. The ASAP crew reps Harlem but have a bit of a southern influence as well. The low pitch voices date back much further than Tyler and OF.
06:10 PM on 05/18/12
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
That's the southern and midwestern "chopped and screwed" influence there. The ASAP crew reps Harlem but have a bit of a southern influence as well. The low pitch voices date back much further than Tyler and OF.
This is chopped and screwed from my hometown. A better reference.
08:49 PM on 05/18/12
jaredohgren
User Info.
Nope.

Also, looks like you have nothing to offer here from the looks of your recommendations and classifications too. I stopped taking you seriously at your original comment and then really stopped taking you seriously when you said Tyga was indie. Please educate yourself. CG is bubblegum and his lyrics are not great. I like him and even I can admit this.

A lot of the talent lies in his partner Ludwig. Glover is a great showman though.

I never said anything about Tyga being indie and I also said somewhere indie wasn't the greatest word to use. And even though a low voice was present, it's obvious that Tyler capitalized on that and now people see the appeal and success of it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos