AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Ferret Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Devil Wears Prada to Release Live CD/DVD

Posted by - 10:59 AM on 05/17/12
The Devil Wears Prada will release a live CD/DVD entitled Dead & Alive on June 26th.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 58
11:06 AM on 05/17/12
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
User Info.
Even though they released their last album in September (I believe), it still seems like forever ago... New album now please.
11:15 AM on 05/17/12
MrGlanthor
The next Paul Heyman Guy
User Info.
Even though they released their last album in September (I believe), it still seems like forever ago... New album now please.

Yea i remember meeting them at looney tunes, it wasnt that long ago but it feels like it happened a year ago, im feeling a new album too
11:17 AM on 05/17/12
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
I'm not a big fan of live CDs, but these dudes know how to put on a show, so a live DVD will be banging.

As for people clamoring for a new album, calm down, haha. I would rather they take their time and do what feels right then try to just write lots of music.
11:17 AM on 05/17/12
JamesBond
User Info.
Haven't really listened since Plagues. But I play a song called Vengeance which sounds good. But I doubt the live clean vocals will sound good. He's no Aaron.
11:21 AM on 05/17/12
ConnorCorruptNJ
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've wante this for a long time.
11:22 AM on 05/17/12
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
User Info.
this will be solid. fact.
11:22 AM on 05/17/12
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
User Info.
I'm not a big fan of live CDs, but these dudes know how to put on a show, so a live DVD will be banging.

As for people clamoring for a new album, calm down, haha. I would rather they take their time and do what feels right then try to just write lots of music.
Yeah, but since releasing that album, they kicked out their keyboardist, and their electronics were a BIG part of their sound... Hence why I'm itchin' to hear what they sound like now.
11:31 AM on 05/17/12
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
User Info.
Haven't really listened since Plagues. But I play a song called Vengeance which sounds good. But I doubt the live clean vocals will sound good. He's no Aaron.
That's a shame.

Zombie > Dead Throne > WRAABB > everything else.
11:36 AM on 05/17/12
JamesBond
User Info.
That's a shame.

Zombie > Dead Throne > WRAABB > everything else.

I doubt that, but to each their own I guess.
11:39 AM on 05/17/12
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
User Info.
I doubt that, but to each their own I guess.
Really? You clearly have not followed this band even a little bit in recent years.

Plagues and Dear Love are average, generic metalcore. This band has started to expand their sound over the last three releases, and their songwriting has improved by leaps and bounds.

The general consensus here will be that the Zombie EP and Dead Throne are miles ahead of the old material. I suggest actually taking a proper listen to the record before you doubt anything.
11:42 AM on 05/17/12
Spencer Control
User Info.
Yeah, but since releasing that album, they kicked out their keyboardist, and their electronics were a BIG part of their sound... Hence why I'm itchin' to hear what they sound like now.
Ahh, that is true. Let's let them play it out themselves.
11:43 AM on 05/17/12
Spencer Control
User Info.
Really? You clearly have not followed this band even a little bit in recent years.

Plagues and Dear Love are average, generic metalcore. This band has started to expand their sound over the last three releases, and their songwriting has improved by leaps and bounds.

The general consensus here will be that the Zombie EP and Dead Throne are miles ahead of the old material. I suggest actually taking a proper listen to the record before you doubt anything.
I back this, but I would show more love for Roots - even though it sounds like the regular metalcore sound, I would argue that helped start that trend in the first place, and the CD remains fantastic.
11:44 AM on 05/17/12
JamesBond
User Info.

after plagues I listened to The Roots Above and found it to be a weak album. Then i listened to the EP and found nothing remotely enjoyable after two listens. Sure they moved away from Plagues, but I liked them because of Plagues. You see the conundrum we have here But seeing that Dead Throne is a top 10 album on billboard i'll give it a listen. 32k people can't be that horribly wrong.

Vengeance is on Dead Throne, I guess i do have that album.
11:49 AM on 05/17/12
subplotofcrows
A Small Spark Vs. A Great Forest
User Info.
Dead Throne is so good. It's also probably the coolest looking record I own.
I remember seeing TDWP as an opening slot on Sounds of the Underground when no one knew who they were, and they sounded terrible. Then I saw them a couple years ago and they were solid. Will definitely check this live stuff out.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos