Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 27 of 27
07:50 AM on 05/18/12
AFSjulian
I am your big brother.
User Info.
Is the new guy Christian or are they moving away from that? I just can't picture a guy from a Risecore band called Miss Fortune having the same ideals and beliefs about anything as CYS does, even if he is a great singer that can pull off the parts.
08:04 AM on 05/18/12
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
Is the new guy Christian or are they moving away from that? I just can't picture a guy from a Risecore band called Miss Fortune having the same ideals and beliefs about anything as CYS does, even if he is a great singer that can pull off the parts.

should that matter?
09:02 AM on 05/18/12
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
User Info.
No, but he didn't say that. He's saying that CYE were a very openly religious band, and it shined through in their lyrics, and it would be a bit strange for a non-Christian vocalist to sing those lyrics Shane wrote.
09:13 AM on 05/18/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
here's one of his old bands

ehh, a bit affraid to hear him sing CYE songs
that is absolutely horrid
09:22 AM on 05/18/12
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
User Info.
Thanks for the heads up. I was trying to find out who he was but had no luck.

I submitted it yesterday and mentioned he was the Miss Fortune vocalist... Guess there were just too many news entries.
09:55 AM on 05/18/12
moneymaker.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
hopefully this works out! i saw CYE a couple years ago when they still had shane on vocals, they were pretty good.
09:57 AM on 05/18/12
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
User Info.
Shane had a perfect voice for the type of music this band plays, but hopefully the new guy can step in and they won't lose any steam. Interested to hear what the next record will sound like.

On that note, I hope the new record has a little more variation. The first LP seemed like a mix of punk songs, pop-punk songs, melodic hardcore songs, and some metalcore-ish stuff. New LP just seemed like nothing but fast, melodic punk/hardcore songs. Really ran together for me outside of a few songs.
10:20 AM on 05/18/12
ThereWeWere
User Info.
Miss Fortune has not even released a song yet. And all the band members have never actually met each other haha
06:53 PM on 05/18/12
Captain Blood
kicking names, taking ass
User Info.
as long he says "friendship" 100x on the next album
07:30 PM on 05/18/12
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
His voice dosen't sound to bad, the singing parts anyway... Best of luck to these guys at Bamboozle, not exactly easing into the new lineup.
11:12 PM on 05/18/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Shane had a perfect voice for the type of music this band plays, but hopefully the new guy can step in and they won't lose any steam. Interested to hear what the next record will sound like.

On that note, I hope the new record has a little more variation. The first LP seemed like a mix of punk songs, pop-punk songs, melodic hardcore songs, and some metalcore-ish stuff. New LP just seemed like nothing but fast, melodic punk/hardcore songs. Really ran together for me outside of a few songs.

How I felt. Their debut was a great surprise for me and momentarily reignited my interest in Victory Records (Jamie's Elsewhere's album came out during then too) but the 2nd one had little that stood out to me other than "Valleys". Yet, many people here made it out to be "so much better than their debut".
11:39 PM on 05/18/12
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
User Info.
How I felt. Their debut was a great surprise for me and momentarily reignited my interest in Victory Records (Jamie's Elsewhere's album came out during then too) but the 2nd one had little that stood out to me other than "Valleys". Yet, many people here made it out to be "so much better than their debut".
Agreed with this post completely. "Valleys" is the only song I find myself going back to really.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos