Username
Password
ABSOLUTExclusive News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
ABSOLUTExclusive
Inside AP.net

Backstage Sessions: Brian Marquis

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (05/23/12)
Our friend Brian Marquis was kind enough to participate in our Backstage Sessions at a recent show in Cambridge, MA. Hit the replies to watch the former Therefore I Am guitarist perform an acoustic rendition of Bruce Springsteen's "Terry's Song," which will appear on his upcoming covers EP for Warped Tour, along with a brand new song entitled "Highways & Heartbreak."

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11.
08:14 AM on 05/23/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.

09:38 AM on 05/23/12
Chris Collum
No dumbass dove in my dumbass brain
User Info.
Once again, it would be really sweet if every time some shitty pop-punk bro covered some song by some artist I liked it didn't pop up in my recommeded news feed.
10:00 AM on 05/23/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Once again, it would be really sweet if every time some shitty pop-punk bro covered some song by some artist I liked it didn't pop up in my recommeded news feed.
Thankfully, Brian is an acoustic singer/songwriter and previously played in a post-hardcore band - so he has nothing to do with pop punk and isn't a "bro."
04:49 PM on 05/23/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
You're really complaining about something idiotic here. If you see something in the news you don't like - even if it is your recommended feed - don't click on it. How simple is it to NOT click on the news article? It's literally just doing nothing and scrolling past the news. It would be really sweet if on the new AP people didn't complain about dumb stuff and stopped saying things like "shitty pop-punk bro," proving their ignorance for whatever they already don't care about.
05:07 PM on 05/23/12
Chris Collum
User Info.
Thankfully, Brian is an acoustic singer/songwriter and previously played in a post-hardcore band - so he has nothing to do with pop punk and isn't a "bro."

You're really complaining about something idiotic here. If you see something in the news you don't like - even if it is your recommended feed - don't click on it. How simple is it to NOT click on the news article? It's literally just doing nothing and scrolling past the news. It would be really sweet if on the new AP people didn't complain about dumb stuff and stopped saying things like "shitty pop-punk bro," proving their ignorance for whatever they already don't care about.
I retract my use of the phrase "shitty pop-punk bro," as I now see it was inaccurate--I believe I was getting his former band mixed up with There For Tomorrow, which IS a shitty pop-punk band.

I still think my suggestions (as that is what they are, snide thought they may be, not complaints--I know better than to complain about a site as awesome as this that is 100% free) are valid though.

Carry on.
05:25 PM on 05/23/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I retract my use of the phrase "shitty pop-punk bro," as I now see it was inaccurate--I believe I was getting his former band mixed up with There For Tomorrow, which IS a shitty pop-punk band.

I still think my suggestions (as that is what they are, snide thought they may be, not complaints--I know better than to complain about a site as awesome as this that is 100% free) are valid though.

Carry on.
I'm assuming you're upset because you have Springsteen and Kanye saved as favorite artists - but you can't say that this isn't news relative to both of those artists. There's no reason to not tag those artists in covers of their songs.
05:33 PM on 05/23/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.

Carry on.
Fair enough. To each their own. Hope you at least give the cover a shot.
05:54 PM on 05/23/12
Chris Collum
User Info.
I'm assuming you're upset because you have Springsteen and Kanye saved as favorite artists - but you can't say that this isn't news relative to both of those artists. There's no reason to not tag those artists in covers of their songs.
Yeah that is the case. I suppose you're right, but I believe the Kanye cover wasn't even tagged with the band of artist who was covering it, I could be wrong though. Whatever, I recognize I kinda picked a dumb fight here.
Fair enough. To each their own. Hope you at least give the cover a shot.
Well I have to now after all of this hoopla haha

Edit: This is actually a pretty cool cover and his original song isn't half bad either haha. Open mouth, insert foot for me.
06:10 PM on 05/23/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Yeah that is the case. I suppose you're right, but I believe the Kanye cover wasn't even tagged with the band of artist who was covering it, I could be wrong though. Whatever, I recognize I kinda picked a dumb fight here.

Well I have to now after all of this hoopla haha

Edit: This is actually a pretty cool cover and his original song isn't half bad either haha. Open mouth, insert foot for me.
Haha well I'm glad you were able to enjoy it. Some good came from all this.

If you're interested, you can stream Brian's EP on his AP.net profile.
07:46 PM on 05/23/12
drewinseries
Fight to get it back again.
User Info.
More than surprised at how this thread underwent. Brian is one of the nicest dudes I have ever met, and Bruce is, well Bruce. Awesome all around.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS