AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Video News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Our Last Night Post Studio Video #2

Posted by - 11:52 AM on 05/23/12
Our Last Night's second studio update can be seen in the replies.

Submitted by RyanGarner

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
11:53 AM on 05/23/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
11:58 AM on 05/23/12
George_mm
You bred raptors?
User Info.
Enjoying these updates a lot. I wish they didnt hate Philadelphia so I could see them
11:59 AM on 05/23/12
TheRxBandit
nope.avi
User Info.
Yessss. Love taking an inside look at the drummer's POV. Can't wait for this record.
12:04 PM on 05/23/12
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
User Info.
Caught this yesterday, and I loved how he was saying it's a departure from the classic 'metalcore' or 'hardcore' or 'whatever you wanna call it', and they're going for a more fine-tuned, mature heavy rock sound... Which is what I'm starting to get into anyway. I have high hopes for this album, I just hope Trevor screams more than he sings, and just lets his brother stick to the singing haha, he's not that great.
12:20 PM on 05/23/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Caught this yesterday, and I loved how he was saying it's a departure from the classic 'metalcore' or 'hardcore' or 'whatever you wanna call it', and they're going for a more fine-tuned, mature heavy rock sound... Which is what I'm starting to get into anyway. I have high hopes for this album, I just hope Trevor screams more than he sings, and just lets his brother stick to the singing haha, he's not that great.

I just wonder what a mature heavy rock record would sound like. Like Alive on Standby or Life on Repeat?
12:51 PM on 05/23/12
seymourbuttes
User Info.
I just wonder what a mature heavy rock record would sound like. Like Alive on Standby or Life on Repeat?
Alive on Standby is not mature heavy rock haha, they're all like 17, and it's catchy teeny-bopper screamo with unmatured vocals. Life On Repeat isn't what I'd call mature heavy rock either, they're one of my favorite bands, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that... I would assume a heavier tinged Sent By Ravens (their last album), or something in the vein of Senses Fail in their recent years, but with more technical riffage.
01:13 PM on 05/23/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Alive on Standby is not mature heavy rock haha, they're all like 17, and it's catchy teeny-bopper screamo with unmatured vocals. Life On Repeat isn't what I'd call mature heavy rock either, they're one of my favorite bands, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that... I would assume a heavier tinged Sent By Ravens (their last album), or something in the vein of Senses Fail in their recent years, but with more technical riffage.

Yeah I love both bands (moreso LOR) but I was just throwing those out there. Whatever they do I hope try can pull it off as many of these bands that change styles often get worse.
01:44 PM on 05/23/12
seymourbuttes
User Info.
Yeah I love both bands (moreso LOR) but I was just throwing those out there. Whatever they do I hope try can pull it off as many of these bands that change styles often get worse.
Yeah, I know what you mean... I don't necessarily think they're changing styles per se, as much as they are progressing... I know how cliche that sounds, but I think in their case it'll be true... Think of the progression between Ghosts Among Us and We Will All Evolve. It was for the better, and there was a bunch more maturity in that sound. You can hear some of the riffage in the studio updates, and they sound as good as ever, I'm fairly certain this album will NOT disappoint.
01:47 PM on 05/23/12
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
Interesting.
01:51 PM on 05/23/12
PIG DESTROYER
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hate to be the negative guy, but based on the progression of Trevor's vocals and what they sounded like on some of those early demos/live videos and him saying its a "rock" record, I'm predicting this is gonna be a HUGE disappointment.
02:47 PM on 05/23/12
RyanGarner
Registered Member
User Info.
Hate to be the negative guy, but based on the progression of Trevor's vocals and what they sounded like on some of those early demos/live videos and him saying its a "rock" record, I'm predicting this is gonna be a HUGE disappointment.
I can see where you're coming from but Matt is a really great writer so I have a bit of faith in this record.
03:49 PM on 05/23/12
ceelove
hooray
User Info.
interesting. i'm really looking forward to this album.
11:24 PM on 05/23/12
PIG DESTROYER
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I can see where you're coming from but Matt is a really great writer so I have a bit of faith in this record.
I agree- he's also a great singer. I have a feeling this will be the album where I finally say "ditch Trevor and just become an all-singing/no screaming post rock band."
12:44 AM on 05/24/12
designerbandaid
User Info.
agreed. i know some one who has heard it and said there is only like 2 screams on the cd. Im guessing his vocals could sound cool on recording but i saw him try and sing a few times live and it was pretty uh sillly ha

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos