Username
Password
Recording News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Recording
Inside AP.net

Strange Vacation Set To Record

Posted by: Christian Wagner (05/23/12)
Strange Vacation has booked studio time at the end of June for Tyler Minsberg (ex-The Dangerous Summer) to record drums with Paul Leavitt for the band's new record. The album is due for release in September.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 39
01:34 PM on 05/23/12
TriangularDuck
we will set sail the prairie
User Info.
oh. oh my fuck. Tyler is an INSANE drummer, I'm glad they're having someone awesome come in to record drums after "losing" a great drummer (technically the drummer from The Boys of Summer was never a "member" of Strange Vacation, but he drummed on Chasm) instead of having a mediocre session player come in.

You know, kinda like what one The Dangerous Summer did.

More stoked than I was before about this album, which was already on the level of "hella stoked". I'm still spinning Chasm a couple of times a week.

edit: I guess no one can keep their TDS drama straight. Tyler is no longer "ex-The Dangerous Summer," he rejoined last year.
01:35 PM on 05/23/12
cut!print
Keep me simple, unplug my head.
User Info.
This is worded really weird, is Tyler drumming for them or..?
If he is then I hope this album will be awesome, I love his drumming.
01:38 PM on 05/23/12
markwarren
User Info.
It is worded a little weird. Tyler is playing drums on our new record. He is not in our band. Good friends helping each other out. Our new record will be out in September.
01:39 PM on 05/23/12
uglystar03
User Info.
oh. oh my fuck. Tyler is an INSANE drummer, I'm glad they're having someone awesome come in to record drums after "losing" a great drummer (technically the drummer from The Boys of Summer was never a "member" of Strange Vacation, but he drummed on Chasm) instead of having a mediocre session player come in.

More stoked than I was before about this album, which was already on the level of "hella stoked". I'm still spinning Chasm a couple of times a week.

edit: I guess no one can keep their TDS drama straight. Tyler is no longer "ex-The Dangerous Summer," he rejoined last year.
Spencer Peterson is hardly a mediocre drummer.
01:41 PM on 05/23/12
cut!print
User Info.
It is worded a little weird. Tyler is playing drums on our new record. He is not in our band. Good friends helping each other out. Our new record will be out in September.
Awesome, you guys are very lucky! He's hands down one of my top 5 favorite drummers just based off Reach for the Sun.
01:41 PM on 05/23/12
gr33ndayfr3ak
www.nickferran.com
User Info.
Even more reason to be excited for this release.
And yeah, the article is worded really strangely.
01:44 PM on 05/23/12
cut!print
User Info.

Spencer Peterson is a great drummer and hardly just some session player.
Also, Tyler isn't in TDS. I saw them a few months ago and he wasn't there. I got a chance to talk with the guys and Cody said he wasn't playing with them.
01:45 PM on 05/23/12
TriangularDuck
we will set sail the prairie
User Info.
Spencer Peterson is hardly a mediocre drummer.
To expand on my statement, his work really didn't mesh with TDS as far as I'm concerned. The only memorable drum part on that album is the part to Siren, where I get drumbeats stuck in my head from Reach To The Sun stuck in my head all the time. He's a perfectly capable drummer and held things together well in Hidden In Plain View, even if he wasn't a standout. The thing that really made Reach to the Sun stand up above it's peers was the phenomenal drumming, and War Paint let me down in that regards. Peterson isn't a bad drummer by any means.

Spencer Peterson is a great drummer and hardly just some session player.
Also, Tyler isn't in TDS. I saw them a few months ago and he wasn't there. I got a chance to talk with the guys and Cody said he wasn't playing with them.

Aww man, I hope not. Last I heard he was back in the band. I'd be happy if it were even just for recordings. I guess keeping up with the drama around TDS is just about impossible.
01:50 PM on 05/23/12
Siren
asdf
User Info.
Does anyone know if Tyler is playing drums on TDS's summer tour? That's all I want to know.
01:54 PM on 05/23/12
punchlinekid182
This wind changed me
User Info.
More music is great, I'd love to see these guys live.. Hopefully a tour will follow
01:57 PM on 05/23/12
cut!print
User Info.
To expand on my statement, his work really didn't mesh with TDS as far as I'm concerned. The only memorable drum part on that album is the part to Siren, where I get drumbeats stuck in my head from Reach To The Sun stuck in my head all the time. He's a perfectly capable drummer and held things together well in Hidden In Plain View, even if he wasn't a standout. The thing that really made Reach to the Sun stand up above it's peers was the phenomenal drumming, and War Paint let me down in that regards. Peterson isn't a bad drummer by any means.

Aww man, I hope not. Last I heard he was back in the band. I'd be happy if it were even just for recordings. I guess keeping up with the drama around TDS is just about impossible.
I agree with you. Tyler and AJ (in my opinion) are what make TDS. I don't think anybody could fill his shoes. And for real, Cody was being kind of short though. He didn't actually say Tyler wasn't in the band I just asked him where Tyler was and why he wasn't playing and all he really gave me was, "I don't know dude, he's just at home working at Journey's."
So there is hope...
02:05 PM on 05/23/12
Michael1002
Attack and Rescue Mikkelles
User Info.
Two records in one year? Awesome!
02:06 PM on 05/23/12
gr33ndayfr3ak
www.nickferran.com
User Info.
Tyler is not in the band anymore. He's going to school full time. TDS is rotating through various drummers while they record/tour instead of finding a replacement. Tyler does still play with them on the occasion that he can.
02:06 PM on 05/23/12
markwarren
User Info.
More music is great, I'd love to see these guys live.. Hopefully a tour will follow
definitely my man. just wanted to really give people some good music, and write some songs that will make for a great live show.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests