Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 55
06:45 AM on 05/25/12
kennedyAM
Every Never Is Now
User Info.
I remember getting "Second Place Victory" from MP3.com back in the day when shit was free. I think the same day I got "Summertime" by Mae. What a great day.
06:50 AM on 05/25/12
thethirddegree1
a sheep in wolf's clothing.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
16-year old me played this cd CONSTANTLY and brought it everywhere with me.. its now wayyy too scratched to play anymore, but I refuse to get rid of it. So much love for Always Leave the Ground
07:05 AM on 05/25/12
providence36
generator ^ first floor
User Info.
I didnt know this was such a popular album for other people. Loved it back in high school, some great tracks in there
07:17 AM on 05/25/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Hi everyone. This is Jeff M; I used to play in this band. Thank you so much for all of the kind words... Brings back a flood of memories (and thanks to Joe for the vinly release).
Thanks for posting in here! Is The First Joke still going on at all?
07:24 AM on 05/25/12
countof3
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
awesome album, hope they jump on the reunion tour train.
08:07 AM on 05/25/12
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
Album's decent, but The Bell and the Hammer is a revelation.
09:07 AM on 05/25/12
woominlee2
Always a student of life.
User Info.
Love this band.

But at least the end of TDAG was the start of The Reign of Kindo. Amazing stuff.
09:08 AM on 05/25/12
woominlee2
Always a student of life.
User Info.
I remember getting "Second Place Victory" from MP3.com back in the day when shit was free. I think the same day I got "Summertime" by Mae. What a great day.
Awesome that you remember that!
Purevolume days for me.
09:34 AM on 05/25/12
roberthuston
User Info.
A very nice refresher, thank you.
09:58 AM on 05/25/12
NorthstarPark
Jiggin'
User Info.
In my opinion, The Bell and the Hammer is so much better than this album. Always Leave the Ground, although a good "debut" album, is a bit generic and repetitive to me. You can tell they found their sound on The Bell and the Hammer...unfortunately that sound didn't last long but you can definitely hear aspects of it and influences with The Reign of Kindo.

I'm not interested in the vinyl for this but I would totally support a vinyl pressing of "The Bell and the Hammer".

Wow spooky, I was thinking the same exact thing almost word for word.

I saw TROK in March 2009 and me, my brother and his girlfriend at the time talked to Jeff (the bassist) for like 2 hours straight. Seriously some of the most nicest, humble guys out there.
11:29 AM on 05/25/12
anamericangod
User Info.
Hi everyone. This is Jeff M; I used to play in this band. Thank you so much for all of the kind words... Brings back a flood of memories (and thanks to Joe for the vinly release).

You're very welcome.

I miss the MP3.com days.
Thanks for posting in here! Is The First Joke still going on at all?

Not sure if The First Joke is still going, but he's recording a new project that should have something out pretty soon. He tweets about it from time to time.
12:06 PM on 05/25/12
ConquerTheSound
Lake and the River
User Info.
Steve is supposed to be releasing some new songs I believe. He was the other half of The First Joke.

I believe the name of Jeffs new stuff is under the name of Pompton Lakes. Hopefully we get to hear something soon!

I would love a Bell and the Hammer vinyl pressing. Its my all time favorite album for sure.
12:08 PM on 05/25/12
StartingLine182
Stay What You Are
User Info.
Still one of my favorite Cds of all time. I made so many people listen to this CD and every one of them loved it. "Second Place Victory" is a classic for me.
12:25 PM on 05/25/12
anamericangod
User Info.
Does One Eleven Records still exist? They put out some good music.

They still exist in a technical sense. Not dealing with any new acts, as far as I know.

In my opinion, The Bell and the Hammer is so much better than this album. Always Leave the Ground, although a good "debut" album, is a bit generic and repetitive to me. You can tell they found their sound on The Bell and the Hammer...unfortunately that sound didn't last long but you can definitely hear aspects of it and influences with The Reign of Kindo.

I'm not interested in the vinyl for this but I would totally support a vinyl pressing of "The Bell and the Hammer".

Steve is supposed to be releasing some new songs I believe. He was the other half of The First Joke.

I believe the name of Jeffs new stuff is under the name of Pompton Lakes. Hopefully we get to hear something soon!

I would love a Bell and the Hammer vinyl pressing. Its my all time favorite album for sure.

For those wanting a pressing of The Bell and the Hammer, unless somebody stepped up and was willing to fund the entire project, I don't foresee it happening unless this sells out. I understand that some people prefer TBAH over ALTG, and that's totally okay, but unless this sells out or comes really close, I won't be the one pressing it, unfortunately. The two are very closely connected. Just a thought!
12:41 PM on 05/25/12
ConquerTheSound
Lake and the River
User Info.
They still exist in a technical sense. Not dealing with any new acts, as far as I know.

For those wanting a pressing of The Bell and the Hammer, unless somebody stepped up and was willing to fund the entire project, I don't foresee it happening unless this sells out. I understand that some people prefer TBAH over ALTG, and that's totally okay, but unless this sells out or comes really close, I won't be the one pressing it, unfortunately. The two are very closely connected. Just a thought!

Kickstarter project here we go!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version