Username
Password
Tooth & Nail Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Tooth & Nail Records
Inside AP.net

States to Re-Release Debut via Tooth & Nail

Posted by: Joe DeAndrea (05/25/12)
States will be re-releasing their debut album, Room to Run, via Tooth & Nail on June 19th and it will feature unreleased bonus tracks.

Update: The previous track listing was incorrect, we will have the finalized 'new' track listing for you next Tuesday. - Jason

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 33.
05:13 AM on 05/25/12
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
Will release tuesday.
05:21 AM on 05/25/12
oshyjay
User Info.
I hate to start this thread negatively, but this album was one of the biggest letdowns in a long time. I loved the EP but this made them sound like they were trying to be paramore. Happy to hear they're on a bigger label though, hopefully they can write material closer to their previous bands.
05:53 AM on 05/25/12
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
User Info.
I hate to continue the negativity from the post seen above me, but I can't help it. Their EP is phenomenal, their full length? Not so much. Songs seemed way too sped up in comparison to the tracks on the EP. And to think, this is what a majority of Copeland is doing these days...
06:07 AM on 05/25/12
RyneOh1040
User Info.
Ditto to both of the top two posts. I did like Timebomb, but the album version of Generation had a major tempo change and was absolutely terrible. EP was so much better sonically and just seemed like a more organic sound for the band.
06:17 AM on 05/25/12
SweetThye
esta noche sera mia
User Info.
If they had recorded the album with Aaron Sprinkle, it would have been perfect... just saying.
06:25 AM on 05/25/12
BloodsuckerPtII
MIZ...ZOU!
User Info.
Well I have the EP, but judging from these comments, I'm not too stoked about getting the full length anymore.
06:37 AM on 05/25/12
Smeee
AP.net's Resident Staryu
User Info.
Agree with the first three posts, unfortunately. Wish they'd followed the direction of the EP.
07:04 AM on 05/25/12
lucygray
often imitated, never duplicated
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If they had recorded the album with Aaron Sprinkle, it would have been perfect... just saying.

They did record the album with Aaron Sprinkle.

I guess I'm in the minority of people who like the album. There are three tracks I don't care for but I enjoy the rest.
07:12 AM on 05/25/12
Aphasia17
Koi No Yokan
User Info.
Well I have the EP, but judging from these comments, I'm not too stoked about getting the full length anymore.

Honestly, don't even bother with the full-length. For me there's not a single song on it that comes close to the quality of the EP. Such a letdown but at least the EP is still awesome.
07:34 AM on 05/25/12
rr_thecrowing
twitter.com/kreeger
User Info.
Well, for what it's worth, I really enjoyed the full-length. I suppose I'm in the minority.
08:00 AM on 05/25/12
jenijennjen
User Info.
I liked the full length, not sure I'll pick up this re-issue though
08:17 AM on 05/25/12
Yontsey
This Awkward Silence / Dustin
User Info.
I'd rather have a colonoscopy then listen to this band.
08:24 AM on 05/25/12
oshyjay
User Info.
You can stream it right from statesmusic.com; I suggest you do before making a decision.
08:42 AM on 05/25/12
BloodsuckerPtII
MIZ...ZOU!
User Info.
You can stream it right from statesmusic.com; I suggest you do before making a decision.
Yep, I will definitely have to do that tonight when I get off work.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS