AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Nightmare of You News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Nightmare of You
Inside AP.net

What Label Would You Choose for Nightmare of You?

Posted by: Drew Beringer (05/25/12)
So last night I received a tweet back from Nightmare Of You saying that if they'd release another album or EP, they would want to do it through a label, and then asked for suggestions. So I've called upon you, faithful AP.net reader, to suggest some labels that would be a great fit for a great band.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 59.
12:25 PM on 05/25/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Are This is Hell on Rise still? Wonder what kind of experience they had with them ... hell, everyone else is signing there -- why not? Haha.

Serious thought though ... hmm, Favorite Gentleman would be a good fit -- maybe Dangerbird?
12:26 PM on 05/25/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
S1d
12:28 PM on 05/25/12
Shanejoseph
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Equal vision?
12:28 PM on 05/25/12
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
Are This is Hell on Rise still? Wonder what kind of experience they had with them ... hell, everyone else is signing there -- why not? Haha.

Serious thought though ... hmm, Favorite Gentleman would be a good fit -- maybe Dangerbird?

Came to say the thing same thing about Rise.
12:29 PM on 05/25/12
gonfreaks
User Info.
Rise? Seems like where all the cool kids are signing nowadays.
12:30 PM on 05/25/12
anamericangod
User Info.
I wouldn't choose any label. I don't think these guys need one, regardless of what their current train of thought is. What kind of a return would a label be getting from fronting a release for this band? They make good music but I don't think it would be big enough to pull in money for the label and all the guys in the band at the same time. I think they'd end up right back where they have been, which is totally off the radar.

I'd go the Kickstarter route and put out a legitimate full length album for the first time in however long, accompanied by whatever kind of tour was possible. I am not a fan of the decision to not make a full album at all. That makes music much more "expendable," more of a commodity, in my opinion. Maybe they could find somebody to partner up with to help with support in some shape or form, but getting signed to a label in a traditional sense is not going to be a game changer for this band.

I'd like to hope that with their reputation and the core of fans I am assuming they still have, they could pull something off independently.

Dangerbird would be a good fit, sonically. There are definitely similarities with the new release from Butch Walker and the sound these guys have. I don't think they'd fit with Favorite Gentleman. Rise signs everyone, so sure, why not.
12:30 PM on 05/25/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor | @drewberinger | Locked Groove
User Info.

This Is Hell is no longer on Rise Records.
12:32 PM on 05/25/12
CallMeTroy
Fail To Feel
User Info.
Victory.
12:33 PM on 05/25/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
This Is Hell is no longer on Rise Records.
Ah, so that's probably out then.
12:35 PM on 05/25/12
anamericangod
User Info.
I would like to propose teaming up with Clifton Motel and working something out with them. With our powers combined....

12:38 PM on 05/25/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor | @drewberinger | Locked Groove
User Info.
Ah, so that's probably out then.
I agree with your earlier post about Favorite Gentleman. That would be great. I also think Run For Cover would be a good fit.
12:38 PM on 05/25/12
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Would give all my $$$$$$$$ to release this. THOMAS MAKE HAPPEN
12:39 PM on 05/25/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Okay fine guys Paper + Plastick will sign them
12:40 PM on 05/25/12
Thomas Nassiff