Username
Password
Unsigned News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Unsigned
Inside AP.net

That's Outrageous Outline Budget for IndieGoGo Project

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (05/27/12)
That's Outrageous recently began asking for donations in an IndieGoGo project to fund their second record. Many questioned the $7,500 goal the band was trying to reach, so the group has outlined that budget in a blog here. The budget includes $2,500 for CDs, $1,000 for travel, $1,500 for start-up merch costs, $500 for mastering the album and $1,500+ for studio time.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 77
10:16 AM on 05/27/12
When3sACrowd
User Info.
well thats just outrageous
10:27 AM on 05/27/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
well thats just outrageous
okay thanks
10:29 AM on 05/27/12
Davey_Owens
User Info.
I'll master it at a fraction of that cost for them
10:33 AM on 05/27/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not a fan of this band's music, but I appreciate that they're disclosing their budgeting. I think it's really interesting to see, and wish more bands would do it.

Also, that's not bad for mastering. There's always someone who could do it cheaper - it's silly to even make that comment. I think that's reasonable for an EP, and cheap for an LP.
10:47 AM on 05/27/12
buddah knome
Registered Member
User Info.
Its always funny when these posts get loaded with people saying they will produce/engineer/master ect. this for so much cheaper.
10:59 AM on 05/27/12
DylanPPPP
Noooooooooooch
User Info.
Aren't they signed to Rise? Why do they need all this money?
11:02 AM on 05/27/12
DylanPPPP
Noooooooooooch
User Info.
11:03 AM on 05/27/12
untitled94
User Info.
I'd rather see these sort of things when a band actually needs money. Your van got broken into, your engine blew up and you're in the middle of no where, etc.

What happens when this CD funded by everyone besides a label or the band (how crazy would that be!? the band would take time away from tour to work jobs and put money into the band..unheard of!) goes out on tour and their van breaks down and they have $0 yet again? Time to hit the internet and open up another donation?

There's a line you have to draw: When are you going to bust your ass and pay for your own shit and when are you going to ask for help. There's a reason why being in an unsigned band is hard, it's supposed to weed out the people that don't have the heart.
11:04 AM on 05/27/12
DylanPPPP
Noooooooooooch
User Info.
I'd rather see these sort of things when a band actually needs money. Your van got broken into, your engine blew up and you're in the middle of no where, etc.

What happens when this CD funded by everyone besides a label or the band (how crazy would that be!? the band would take time away from tour to work jobs and put money into the band..unheard of!) goes out on tour and their van breaks down and they have $0 yet again? Time to hit the internet and open up another donation?

There's a line you have to draw: When are you going to bust your ass and pay for your own shit and when are you going to ask for help. There's a reason why being in an unsigned band is hard, it's supposed to weed out the people that don't have the heart.
perfectly said
11:13 AM on 05/27/12
get up kidd
I refuse to sink
User Info.

Awesome man, love that last line.
11:17 AM on 05/27/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Well, even though I'm not a huge fan of these guys' music this was well laid out and seems like a reasonable price.
11:19 AM on 05/27/12
kskillzz
User Info.
Was this the band that got signed by rise before ever playing a show? If so its ridiculous that they're doing a kickstarter, makes it seem like they haven't put any hard work into being a band and get everything handed to them
11:20 AM on 05/27/12
tellmycaster
User Info.

I love this dude. At least fund bands that deserve it, not bands that shouldn't exist.
11:24 AM on 05/27/12
moschetto
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Seriously? This band has broken up and had more problems over the past year than any other band i've heard of. Every week they broke up and got back together and everyone is cool with them just asking for handouts because they can't do it on their own? Why the hell should I help pay for food or travel to record. Maybe get your shit together and decide if you're actually in it for the long run before asking for handouts. I don't get why everyone is cool with this.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests