Username
Password
Death News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Death
Inside AP.net

Adam Yauch Recorded Music With The Beastie Boys In Fall

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (05/27/12)
Rolling Stone has posted an interview with Michael 'Mike D' Diamond of the Beastie Boys discussing Adam Yauch's life and his last few weeks. Included in the interview is the fact that Yauch recorded new music with the band last fall.
From the ArticleAdam instigated it. It could only come from him, in terms of where he was at with treatment. It was stuff we had written or demo-ed, and there were new ideas. He wasn't sure he was able to do vocals. But after a bit, we ended up doing them. And he was fine. It was a way for him to say, "Yeah, I'm doing it."

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
10:38 AM on 05/27/12
Amongster
Still On The Sand
User Info.
The other Hot Sauce Committee record?
10:47 AM on 05/27/12
chordsforacure
Host of the Saint Mort Show!
User Info.
It seems like Mike D and AdRock want to just pursue solo careers by that last questions answer. I support that, you can't have the beastie boys without MCA... but I definitely don't want to miss out on great Mike D and AdRock lyrics for the rest of my life.
11:00 AM on 05/27/12
crutchfield
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I thought hsc pt 1 was already recorded? Remember they released a goofy video with a pretty rad song with footage from some 70s looking superhero show? Anyways i hope they have some more stuff recorded to release.
11:49 AM on 05/27/12
justinwho
long live RepliesWithGifs
User Info.
i'd imagine they'll release the music sometime down the road, and when they do, it's gonna be bittersweet.
11:54 AM on 05/27/12
deanster321
BLEGH
User Info.
I thought hsc pt 1 was already recorded? Remember they released a goofy video with a pretty rad song with footage from some 70s looking superhero show? Anyways i hope they have some more stuff recorded to release.
I thought that the tracks comprising HSC2 = what was originally going to be HSC1. They just called it part two for some reason.
12:55 PM on 05/27/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
I thought that the tracks comprising HSC2 = what was originally going to be HSC1. They just called it part two for some reason.
all I know is they recorded well over 2 albums worth of material for that record(s), plus that last session, so they'll definitely be putting out something eventually.

i think they should keep going as the beasties. mca would want it that way.
12:55 PM on 05/27/12
Full Effect Ed
Nonstop Disco Powerpack
User Info.
Hot Sauce Committee Part Two IS Hot Sauce Committee Part One
02:42 PM on 05/27/12
JZebrak57
I am not a registered user
User Info.
Part of me doesn't want them to release new music; it just reminds me of how much people milk deceased artists as much as they can because they know it'll sell well (ala Michael Jackson). Hopefully the other members do it respectfully and in honor of him. I have a feeling they will.
02:43 PM on 05/27/12
Robb
ism
User Info.
It seems like Mike D and AdRock want to just pursue solo careers by that last questions answer. I support that, you can't have the beastie boys without MCA... but I definitely don't want to miss out on great Mike D and AdRock lyrics for the rest of my life.
I could see Ad-Rock making a solid disc. I never liked BS2000 enough to get into his work full stop, but it was good enough where if he wanted to make his own beats, he could make a good album.

Mike D, I don't know. I just don't know how long only his voice could carry a disc, even with guests.

But that just reinforces why the trio were so perfect together, amazing balance.

I definitely wouldn't want them to keep going as the Beastie. Not only for the "1/3 isn't there", but overall I don't know how long the two of them could really work well. Ar-Rock is my favorite of the three, but MCA was the anchor. Look at Dope Little Song - awesome track, but with just the two of them, it feel a bit light.
02:53 PM on 05/27/12
chordsforacure
User Info.
see for me I loved Mike D... but I also agree that his voice isn't nearly as distinct as AdRock and MCA so he'd fall into a very average category. His verses were always some of my favorite ones though specifically in Intergalatic and Shake Your Rump
07:25 PM on 05/27/12
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
Not gonna lie, it's going to be insane hearing these tracks when they finally do decide to release them. Hopefully they release them as limited runs of something or another and donate the revenue to a charity.
08:45 PM on 05/27/12
chordsforacure
User Info.
I wanted to throw this up here also, this weekend me and a few guys from local bands did our best Beasties Boys impressions in honor of MCA. Video here
07:15 PM on 09/20/12
Porkys1982
User Info.
http://vimeo.com/porkys1982/beastie-...he-final-years

Beastie Boys ... The Final Years

Adam Yauch : A Tribute To MCA
& The Last Beastie Boys Concert

Directed By Ben Escobedo
Porkys1982

http://vimeo.com/porkys1982/beastie-...he-final-years
Options
Related News Stories