AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 43.
10:58 AM on 11/06/07
sjb2k1
User Info.
okay so let's say you'd heard of this band but never really checked them out, and then you read a review on ap.net and decided maybe you should give them a real listen. and then you listened to the songs on their myspace and liked them, furthering this idea of giving them a real listen. where would you recommend beginning?
11:06 AM on 11/06/07
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
okay so let's say you'd heard of this band but never really checked them out, and then you read a review on ap.net and decided maybe you should give them a real listen. and then you listened to the songs on their myspace and liked them, furthering this idea of giving them a real listen. where would you recommend beginning?

I would say start with Takk
11:11 AM on 11/06/07
sjb2k1
User Info.
I would say start with Takk

awesome thanks!
11:12 AM on 11/06/07
secondsunrise
Jeff
User Info.

I would start with Agaetis Byrjun (Fetus Album) because not only is it many fans favorite album, there was a song in the horrible movie Vanilla Sky you may have heard. Von, Agaetis Byrjun, ( ), Takk are all similar but all very different albums. Takk is the most 'popular?' of their albums and has been promoted the most. I'd say check em all out. You can't go wrong with these guys.
11:17 AM on 11/06/07
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
takk got me into the band, so that's why I said that one. But yeah, they're all solid.
11:41 AM on 11/06/07
secondsunrise
Jeff
User Info.
takk got me into the band, so that's why I said that one. But yeah, they're all solid.

Yea man, any album is great. I liked the review too btw. Described much of their sound real well.
12:31 PM on 11/06/07
SiobhansBeard
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
first time i saw these guys i didn't talk for like two hours after the show because i didn't know what to say after that. i cannot wait to sit down and watch that dvd with a warm drink and good vibes.
01:01 PM on 11/06/07
stilltheoptimst
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
just bought the album, but they didn't have the dvd in. i'm excited though and i can't wait for these guys to tour the us again.
01:03 PM on 11/06/07
sjb2k1
User Info.
thank you both for the suggestions. and oh man, i really liked the xylophone (handbells?) in "I Gaer," so much that I was almost disappointed to hear the guitar come in...these are really B-sides? (just going off the 5 songs on myspace until i get my hands on this CD and takk...have to go with that disk first bc of the financial situation)

btw great review, if you didn't get that from the fact that now i want to hear more of this band :)
01:30 PM on 11/06/07
thetimmyk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
“You sigh low tonight / You’re so alone.”

interesting, haha.

I liked the review.
01:58 PM on 11/06/07
joshy hizzle
Rocky Top
User Info.
Man I really want to see them live
02:07 PM on 11/06/07
benjaminnewton
Bangin'
User Info.
i picked up the dvds
watched the documentary last night
all i have to say is: 'wow'
i'd say iceland is due for a tourism boost
and that whoever put this dvd together knew exactly what they were doing and it's beautiful to watch
02:11 PM on 11/06/07
benjaminnewton
Bangin'
User Info.
oh and i bought takk, i finally put the money down for a sigur ros release, (i found out about them via 'staralfur' on the life aquatic with steve zissou a few years ago). im in love with this band.
also, you can get a lot of free downloads of their songs at sigur-ros.co.uk in the media section, they're official and legal :)
02:49 PM on 11/06/07
MCSmate
I'm wide awake, it's morning
User Info.
Really good review. I'm getting this today.
03:17 PM on 11/06/07
TranscendTrends
music saves lives
User Info.
great review, mr. solomon. i'm always glad when bands of this caliber are reviewed on this site, even if their musical style may be a bit off the beaten cultural path of ap.net. i first got into this band around 2001, and i've stuck with them since. they never cease to amaze. i like to see it when some of the younger users check out this band now because of your review. sigur ros definitely had a huge impact on opening my perspective on music.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests