03:49 PM on 11/06/07
ashesofapril234
Spicher
User Info.
i picked up the dvds
watched the documentary last night
all i have to say is: 'wow'
i'd say iceland is due for a tourism boost
and that whoever put this dvd together knew exactly what they were doing and it's beautiful to watch
Where'd u come across the dvd? Everything I've read says it isn't coming out until the 20th
03:58 PM on 11/06/07
zgr Kurtoglu
-
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Arena Stage, Roskilde Festival '06, Sigur Rós are coming out for the 4th time to meet the ginormous applause and cheering of the audience, 10 whole minutes after they have finished playing.
I couldn't utter anything for a good 2-3 hours after this show, nothing worth while anyway. Something I will remember for the rest of my life.

"( )" will forever be one of the greatest albums of all time in my opinion.
"Hafsol" is a live regular.
Thinking of "I Gaer" as a B-side feels so ridiculous. That song alone makes me close my eyes and see a combination of everything I love about my favourite bands washing over me like gigantic waves.

This band is what I would choose to see and hear if I got the choice of choosing the soundtrack of my last minutes alive.
And finally: "Popplagið" live=what will be played as the world ends and the afterlife unfolds.
04:46 PM on 11/06/07
youngmountain
http://littlewaves.bandcamp.com/
User Info.
Where'd u come across the dvd? Everything I've read says it isn't coming out until the 20th
Maybe it was an import because in the uk its already out, i just picked it up today
05:51 PM on 11/06/07
Fullcollapse3k
should hit 32,000 posts by 2011.
User Info.
Before I die, I have to see this bad live.

My three favorite bands are Jimmy Eat World, Sigur Ros, and Death Cab. JEW and DCFC I've seen live, I expect Sigur Ros to put on a better show than both of them.
09:26 PM on 11/06/07
TheBaroness
User Info.
See them live before you die.

One of, if not the single best live performance I have ever witnessed. Reduced me to tears

Their show here sold out in less than an hour. No Sigur Ros for me
12:22 PM on 11/07/07
benjaminnewton
Bangin'
User Info.

I'm from Australia, obviously the lucky country ;)
12:25 PM on 11/07/07
benjaminnewton
Bangin'
User Info.
Baroness did you hear about the Merce Cunningham dance project they played for? They got Sigur Ros to play at the Melbourne Arts Centre only a week ago, they used both Sigur Ros' music and Radiohead as well. I missed out because it was sold out, so I was pretty shattered, but my friend said it wasn't that great, purely because of the dancing.. whereas Sigur Ros were cool, they played music boxes and that sort of thing.
03:45 PM on 11/07/07
matt_rawlings
User Info.
My three favorite bands are Jimmy Eat World, Sigur Ros, and Death Cab. JEW and DCFC I've seen live, I expect Sigur Ros to put on a better show than both of them.

Coming from someone who adores all three of those bands and who has also seen them all live;

Sigur Ros>DeathCab>JEW
04:48 PM on 11/11/07
yoyoninjagirl
Nobody's Nothing
User Info.
sigur ros is amazing. I love all of their stuff
04:52 PM on 01/01/08
myantiyou
music fan
User Info.
good review, I will be getting this.
11:46 PM on 10/15/08
ChelsB
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i play this album almost every day
10:39 AM on 02/08/09
youngmountain
http://littlewaves.bandcamp.com/
User Info.
Been lucky enough to see them live three times, and each time has been better than the last. However I think large open air venues are the best place to see them, their music to me always evokes thoughts of countrysides and large open air spaces not cramped indoor venues.
10:47 AM on 03/23/11
xidon
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Awesome double EP. I really enjoyed hearing different versions of some awesome songs.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums